Football Manager 2015

hogso

I'm having one last blast on it, red star to win the champions league! Saw an episode of footballs greatest about the 91 team and got the idea, was hoping for a Yugoslavia league on he workshop but couldn't find one, got loads of decent youngsters but a chairman who will happily sell them all

Bored of my Malaga game so its time for the annual trip to somewhere in Scandinavia, always have to wait for the weather turn before I do.

Decided on Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs or better known as HK, a second division Icelandic team.....

This is going to be hard.

Just can't find that sort of thing remotely enjoyable but fair play to you.

Why's that?

I just don't have the patience I think. I need instant(ish) success.

I've tried going down to League 2 and the conference a few times but I get bored of it really easily. I only go villa now and once I win the league and champions league in the same season I never play it again.

Why's that?

I've tried going down to League 2 and the conference a few times but I get bored of it really easily. I only go villa now and once I win the league and champions league in the same season I never play it again.

Don't think we're too different tbh. Once I get what I wanted from the game i'm done. For example I don't think i've ever played more than 5 seasons on FM. I get bored really quickly so I think when I play with real low level teams then hopefully it lasts longer.

• Like 1

Why's that?

Don't think we're too different tbh. Once I get what I wanted from the game i'm done. For example I don't think i've ever played more than 5 seasons on FM. I get bored really quickly so I think when I play with real low level teams then hopefully it lasts longer.

The proper way to play FM, in my opinion, is to start unemployed with no reputation and work your way up from the very bottom.

I've only ever done it a couple of times remotely successfully though.
Don't get me wrong, I still have games where I go for Villa or go for someone really good and win everything.

But starting from the bottom is the hardcore way to play.

Why's that?

The proper way to play FM, in my opinion, is to start unemployed with no reputation and work your way up from the very bottom.

Don't get me wrong, I still have games where I go for Villa or go for someone really good and win everything.

Of course but that's the beauty of Football Manager, you can play the way you like.

Every year or two i'll have a blast at going from the lowest Swedish divisions and working my way up. That's my version of the hardcore approach but its incredibly difficult.

Also, does anyone else read up a little about the city and history of the teams they manage?

Why's that?

this is the only way I play now. I've gone into the editor and resurrected a team that's long been extinct. Set their reputation to 0 or 1. Put them in the lowest league possible and start as their manager. Then on day one completely blitz my own reputation so it's the lowest in the league by far. 

Essentially it's realistic as you have a new team and an unknown manager who's only ever had Sunday league experience. The end game for me is having enough money in my career earnings (minus living costs) to be able to buy the team I started with, and basically act as managing chairman.

it requires a bit of background work but it's actually really rewarding.

current career I'm on has seen me manage at the very bottom of the northern irish leagu, secure my first paid contract managing in the 2nd Welsh division, slowly work up to managing in the Welsh premier, move to Wrexham to manage them from the conference leagues up to league 1, I've just been headhunter for the villa job and on a £30k a month contract, it's 2026 :P

its a long game. But really rewarding. I spent about 4 seasons on an amateur contract so managing for £30k a month is crazy 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just had a message saying one of my players (a newgen) is now supporting Movember and is going to grow a moustache for charity.

This is a new one on me; has anyone else seen this?

One of my players has done it each of the last 3 seasons.  He loves dat tache.

Only through 12 games of the first season but doing surprisingly well, 6th place and just beat City away and Liverpool at home. Lost 4 with 3 of those being Chelsea, United and Arsenal. Just waiting for the usual tactic stops working completely thing and then the inevitable slide down the league :D

When I play FM my first save is always with Villa to try and work the game out. Then I start a new one unemployed and take over a League 1 or 2 side and work up.  I find that way to play to be really rewarding,  specially when you can take a team into the Premier League, and then Champions League. 

Â