Aly Cissokho

samjp26

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Did he?

I thought he and the rest of defence were pretty good given the circumstances.
He possibly got dragged inside for their first goal. Apart from that not sure he did much wrong.

it just seemed to me West Ham got more joy down his side than anywhere else in back 4. I might be a bit harsh though :P

it just seemed to me West Ham got more joy down his side than anywhere else in back 4. I might be a bit harsh though [emoji14]

In fairness to cissokho, gil didn't get back and help him out enough and left him exposed.

Don't know why he tucked in so much and left Antonio wide open. Lescott could have marked Valencia. 

Also on that really good clear by Richards where he had 3-4 West Ham players crashing the open net, but Richards managed to clear it, it was Cissokho who was a good 3 yards behind the rest of the defenders leaving them all on allowing the cross to be played in. 

He makes it hard for players to go past him and is solid in his side. Think he switches off at times when the ball is crossed in towards him. 

What I don't understand is why we don't put him up for corners. With him lescott and Richards you've got three big targets to aim for and we could score even more from set plays.

Cissokho is leagues (literally, based on quality!) ahead of anyone else we could put in that position. Therefore there's little to discuss.

Is he great? No. So he's no different than most of the team; an average (at best) automatic starter because there is no competition for places in our quality light squad!

I've been quietly impressed with Aly's performances since coming back. He's no world beater but he's helped make the defence look more solid. That along with Okores form and Lescott getting fitter. Oh and Hutton being nowhere near the team!

He's definitely not a long term solution (hopefully Amavi stays with us) but his efforts have made a difference so far.

Cissokho is leagues (literally, based on quality!) ahead of anyone else we could put in that position. Therefore there's little to discuss.

Is he great? No. So he's no different than most of the team; an average (at best) automatic starter because there is no competition for places in our quality light squad!

Well, that's not exactly correct in this case. Amavi's knee exploded and the rest is history. I wouldn't expect anyone better than Cissokho as a back up, no matter where we were in the league.

• 4 weeks later...

Our best player tonight imo.

Some of his crosses in the first half were excellent.

Silly silly decision to freeze him out and then loan him out as he would've been good to rotate with Amavi and we might've squeezed a few more points out when we still had a chance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thought he was very poor today. Lucky not to be sent off, gave away the foul that led to the goal.

Seems allergic to taking on his man and providing service too. Is it any wonder we are the lowest scorers when to this day we still have our width coming from poor full backs; Hutton being the other.

• Like 1

complete opposite of opinions from the top to the bottom of this page, it makes us non the wiser as to whether he is a player that will be kept or booted.

a player that can obviously perform to a reasonably high standard, when his head is in the game, but makes the worst possible mistakes when it isnt.

amavi its a pity and i hope we keep him next season, aly is a good player, im interested to see bennett back now that hes beefed up (i said years ago this is what he needed to do), and with the emergence of kinsella, i dont see us going into the championship with 4 left backs.

Â