Leicester City

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Who thinks that?

I can't see anyone saying that in this discussion. 

Nobody on here mate, I just meant in general it's something I noticed. People (and ironically especially the type of people to say questionable things) seem to have more of a problem with accusations of racism than the actual rhetoric in question. Case in point, was there as much of an uproar during the Vardy incident? To put it into perspective, some dude is being blasted because he called someone (who was caught on video using racist slurs) a racist in an offhand social media post. What? Since when was being called a racist, especially with ample evidence something so terrible? As I mentioned before, we call people rapists (even when there isn't conclusive evidence) without batting an eyelid; a much more heinous allegation.

It's like the people who complain about political correctness. They're not against PC per se, they just don't like not being able to say questionable things without rightly being called out on their rhetoric and so they hide behind red herrings like free speech. Or the people who say things like "if a white person said that, they'd be called racist". They're not particularly offended by or against the alleged racism, but more aggrieved by the fact that they can't say things like that :lol: .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What makes somebody a "massive" racist anyway?

Hitler was a massive racist. The American south is full of massive racists. 

I'm not sure Jamie Vardy calling somebody a jap makes him a "massive" racist.

Fixed

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think it matters though.

If I used the N word and somebody called me racist, I'd probably say fair enough. Shouldn't have said that, you're right.

But if somebody called me a "massive racist" then I think I'd take exception to that. To me that implies that you haven't just said something racist, but that you actually are a racist. And they are two different things entirely, imo.

So no I don't think the journalist was being too literal. But when he's clearly trying to be taken seriously, and feels it is a very serious issue, it's a bit silly to start calling somebody a MASSIVE racist because they said the word Jap.

Idk, if you say something racist then you're a racist imo. If you weren't, you wouldn't have said it in the first place. I mean, unless you're going for terrible shock humour or something and you obviously don't believe what you say there's no reason to tell even racist jokes and even then it's in very poor taste. But that's besides the point, Vardy isn't being called a racist because he told a joke (a la Justin Bieber) but because he used a racist slur to the face of another person. That's an entirely different kettle of fish. You don't do that unless you're actually racist.

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is Mahrez currently the best player in the Premier league?

Definitely. Looking top drawer. If he can continue this level over the next few years he'll be among the best players in the world. Too good for a club like Leicester and probably won't be there next season. 

You don't hear the name Ranieri much from the journo's and pundits at the moment do you. I guess giving him his due would make them look bad seeing as they spent so much time taking the piss out of him when he was appointed.

Edited by flamingsombrero

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

You don't hear the name Ranieri much from the journo's and pundits at the moment do you. I guess giving him his due would make them look bad seeing as they spent so much time taking the piss out of him when he was appointed.

Pretty much. Vardy seems to be taking the headlines but Ranieri has done a wonderful job there, manager of the season easily so far.

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

Well he does know how to finish 2nd in leagues....

Yeah I'll hold my hands up...thought it would be a Houllier style out of touch appointment as he was awful for Greece and seems to have been winding down in club management before that being sacked from a few Seria A Clubs.

Can't wait until next Monday night,..Mourinho's face will be a picture before kick off when he goes to shake Ranieri's hand...the man he constantly derides being what 17 points clear of him in the league. 

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Definitely. Looking top drawer. If he can continue this level over the next few years he'll be among the best players in the world. Too good for a club like Leicester and probably won't be there next season. 

I know its football but its a shame that Mahrez and Vardy are already been linked with moves away. They'll go to a bigger team and barely play. They'll never get back to the level they are at now.

Its just a pain that when a smaller club gets good players they get raped by the bigger teams, who in truth don't really need those players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know its football but its a shame that Mahrez and Vardy are already been linked with moves away. They'll go to a bigger team and barely play. They'll never get back to the level they are at now.

Its just a pain that when a smaller club gets good players they get raped by the bigger teams, who in truth don't really need those players. 

I'm not so sure. I think Mahrez is a genuinely class player and has age on his side, he can only get better. I see Vardy as having an exceptional run of form but will go revert back to what he was last season, a hard working nuisance who can't finish, plus he's 29 soon so doesn't have any room for development and can only get worse. 

I expect big things from Mahrez but not Vardy, Vardy may well get a 'big' move but he'll be shit, Mahrez I feel will go on a level.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

A couple of pages ago I was poo-pooing the idea of Vardy getting a big move, but having watched Man Utd in the meantime, I'm now not so sure. He might not be fashionable, but I can't help feeling he'd be a lot more effective than Rooney. 

A couple of pages ago I was poo-pooing the idea of Vardy getting a big move, but having watched Man Utd in the meantime, I'm now not so sure. He might not be fashionable, but I can't help feeling he'd be a lot more effective than Rooney. 

More to do with the English tax that they'd have to pay on him, I bet he'd be £20-30m, which don't get me wrong he's doing really well, but he's 29 in January, scored 5 in 34 games last season, the fee that it would take to get him would make martial look a bargain

Harry Kane is exactly the same

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

More to do with the English tax that they'd have to pay on him, I bet he'd be £20-30m, which don't get me wrong he's doing really well, but he's 29 in January, scored 5 in 34 games last season, the fee that it would take to get him would make martial look a bargain

Harry Kane is exactly the same

Its a little irrelevant what he scored last season though, he's been a goalscorer in every league he's played in, Yes theres no sell-on value but if there was and he was like 22 then he'd be a £50m player. A big team will be willing to risk 30m in order to secure champions league football. 

Â