What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

With the new addition to the family I decided to be sensible and not blow £17k to £20k on a car. Went for an older BMW 320d M Sport Business Edition (2009). Managed to part ex my mini and get a pretty good deal i think. Maybe next year or year after I might consider upgrading to the newer 3 series.

• Like 1

Well I've had the V60 for a few days now and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. The commute is a lot more enjoyable now, mainly due to the premium sound system which does sound really good. Makes a difference having the ipod permanently connected and I've discovered the joys of Bluetooth too. Coming out of an 11 year old makes you realise how much cars have come on over the years, I really must pay more attention at work. The 5 cylinder diesel pulls like a train, so I can't wait to get out on the open road and try it out, like sitting at 50 mph on the M6 north for miles on end.

I've had a Qashqai this week and put a few miles on that. I know people's opinion on them and yes, it wouldn't be my cup of tea either. But needs must.

Anyway, the thing I thought was odd was the spec.. It had a giant sunroof almost the size of the whole roof, auto wipers, auto lights, cruise, climate control, 360 degrees of cameras around the car, reversing trickery and all sorts of other stuff. Loaded.

But it didn't have auto bloody windows! Had to keep a finger on the button to do the windows - the driver's window had an upgrade on the other three - auto down but not up.

Why make a car with alloys, auto wipers and sat nav but not auto windows?

I know it was mentioned before on this thread but didn't really pay attention to it, what's the Lease Hire lowdown?

Deposit, Monthly Payment, Car for three years? Is it that simple? Are there restrictions on where you can take it for MOT and services and that?

I know it was mentioned before on this thread but didn't really pay attention to it, what's the Lease Hire lowdown?

Deposit, Monthly Payment, Car for three years? Is it that simple? Are there restrictions on where you can take it for MOT and services and that?

With my audi, as long as you take it somewhere that will use Audi approved parts you can take it anywhere for MOT and service

With my audi, as long as you take it somewhere that will use Audi approved parts you can take it anywhere for MOT and service

What Model do you drive mate, and what made you pick a lease over a purchase if you don't mind me asking?

Daily driver now?  You're getting quite a collection.  Looks clean. Specs please :)

The silver GTV is still the daily driver. I am making this my 'golf' car as the boot space is sufficient. I just used it on a date as well. She made positive remarks about the car.

Specs: 2.5 Busso V6 with full Koni Adjustable Suspension. Stainless steel exhaust (no cat on), full tan interior, a steering wheel and some pedals. Colour is Cosmo Blue,

The 156 handles incredibly well and the 2.5 has enough beef about it. It's not got the driver/car interaction as a GTV V6, but it's is a lot smoother and doesn't feel like your sitting on a SCUD missile.:D .   

• Like 1

With the new addition to the family I decided to be sensible and not blow £17k to £20k on a car. Went for an older BMW 320d M Sport Business Edition (2009). Managed to part ex my mini and get a pretty good deal i think. Maybe next year or year after I might consider upgrading to the newer 3 series.

Glad you got sorted in the end Pal, 

You're making me jealous with all this beema talk, having let the enemy persuade me to go down this tin pot Audi route it won't be long till I'm back behind the wheel.   

Edited by Kingman

Glad you got sorted in the end Pal, 

You're making me jealous with all this beema talk, having let the enemy persuade me to go down this tin pot Audi route it won't be long till I'm back behind the wheel.   

Thanks for all your help mate. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Is anyone still buying diesels? Pretty soon you won't be able to drive a diesel into any city centre, then eventually they will be banned outright. The prices of 2nd hand diesel cars will start dropping like a stone soon as everyone tries to offload them when it's clear that no-one wants them.

I've had a Qashqai this week and put a few miles on that. I know people's opinion on them and yes, it wouldn't be my cup of tea either. But needs must.

Anyway, the thing I thought was odd was the spec.. It had a giant sunroof almost the size of the whole roof, auto wipers, auto lights, cruise, climate control, 360 degrees of cameras around the car, reversing trickery and all sorts of other stuff. Loaded.

But it didn't have auto bloody windows! Had to keep a finger on the button to do the windows - the driver's window had an upgrade on the other three - auto down but not up.

Why make a car with alloys, auto wipers and sat nav but not auto windows?

How often do you open Windows really?

At McDonalds drive-in, but anywhere else?

Â