1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

2. PL:Watford h

Saturday November 28 15:00

3. PL:Southampton a

Saturday December 5 15:00
      St. Mary's Stadium

4. Other Football

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

5. Supporters Clubs

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

3. Off Topic

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

2. Games and Gaming

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

3. Tech Room

All your questions about technology

4. Travel

For discussions about travel around the world

5. North American Sports

For "football", basketball, baseball, ice "hockey" and Lacrosse

6. Site Issues

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

7. Hall of Fame

Old threads preserved for the future

4. Current Season

1. 17,779
  5. Previous Seasons

1. 49,930
    2. 47,128
    3. 36,833
    4. 29,226
    5. 43,600
    6. 44,443

• The Rémi Garde thread
      I didn't say he was man of the match, I said he probably was based on a substitute appearance. Personally, Ayew shaded it for me. But seeing as the MoM thread has him in third place in the votes it's clearly not a ridiculous statement anyway. I really don't get this superiority you imply in your posts, not just with me but others as well. You post constantly where as I read way more than I post but don't feel the need to jump on every statement that doesn't follow my way of thinking as you seem to. I have yet to see you just agree to disagree in several threads. I actually agree with you in Westwood and Guzqn thread for example but you can't simply leave alone those that don't.  Today both the performance and the result was pathetic. That is my view and the view of lots of people who I sit next to at every home game. Today Traore was one of the better players on the pitch despite being a relatively late substitute. What part of those two statements is so ridiculous for you to imply some superior grasp of the game as to why I, and by extension others, are overreacting? Very different to say I don't agree because... that's fair enough. But you just reply with almost a "wrong" with some pompous superior authority. The level of delusion on these boards sometimes astonishes me. I can forgive those who didn't see this coming when the transfer window closed based on hope, superior knowledge of the french league or whatever other reason but to be at the end of November with 5pts from 14 games and still thinking the posters like me are overreacting is bordering on lunacy. If you've got an argument that is different to someone else's great, that's why we're here. But explain your view or don't comment at all and recognise some views will be different. Don't be so arrogant as to think you hold such superiority that simply stating "you're wrong/ overreacting" is enough.. Sorry for the PoP element to this reply, but I always explain my views and recognise that they will sometimes differ from others. But I never would be arrogant enough to just belittle someone by mocking them for their view by simply saying they were wrong.
    • January 2016 Transfer Speculation
      I think we need a bit more bite in there, too many light weight players who give the ball up to easily. Sanchez is the only one I fancy to come away with the ball in a 50-50.
      I might be in a minority here but I don't see any issue with the midfield - it's the attack and defence that need bolstering.  My first move would be to get Cissokho back from loan so that we never have to see Richardson in a Villa shirt again. 
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      Every game he has been in charge for has seen an improvement, in both effort and cohesion. I'm sure He will  go away and start working on, A) toughening up the players (JV and CG Gana  get pushed off the ball too easy. B ) Cutting out the stupid errors inside the 18 yard box.  
      What I would do for a Joey Barton type midfielder right now. I think I'd take a punt on Kevin Nolan on a short term deal.
      So will Gestede playing in the Championship.
    • Micah Richards
      For the 2nd goal, if Hutton had dropped back with Clark and Richardson, I don't think he would have give up the O.G.^^^ But I agree, Richards wasn't as great as many have made out.   Very strong coming through a player to win a ball, very poor when it comes to organizing the defense. 
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      We lost at home to Watford 3-2 and quite rightly, he's not coming under any flak. This says a lot about the man as a manager and surely is a positive sign for us. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. S-Platt
      (41 years old)
    2. Ginko
      (30 years old)