1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

2. PL:Southampton a

Saturday December 5 15:00
      St. Mary's Stadium

3. PL:Watford h

Saturday November 28 15:00

4. Other Football

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

5. Supporters Clubs

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

3. Off Topic

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

2. Games and Gaming

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

3. Tech Room

All your questions about technology

4. Travel

For discussions about travel around the world

5. North American Sports

For "football", basketball, baseball, ice "hockey" and Lacrosse

6. Site Issues

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

7. Hall of Fame

Old threads preserved for the future

4. Current Season

1. 17,779
  5. Previous Seasons

1. 49,930
    2. 47,128
    3. 36,833
    4. 29,226
    5. 43,600
    6. 44,443

• Things that piss you off that shouldn't
      Haven't tried the new ones tbf. Agree with the second part. They are actually reasonably good to have as a pair lying around but I wouldn't choose to use them if I had the choice.
    • The Randy Lerner thread
      It's pointless talking about mistakes that meant we didn't remain near the top and things we didn't do to generate more income.  The issue is why we can't even stay in the league.
    • Fantasy Football 2015/6
      I had a good week. 3rd highest scorer in the work league (I've given up on VT league) but still managed to drop a place!   Closing in on those above me though
    • FIFA Puskas Award (goal of the year) 2015
      Mexez, Ramirex, Messi, in that order for me. Such a great selection of goals though - really enjoyed watching that.
    • Relegation Thread Version...99?!
      I think the team is good enough to stay up over the course of a season. But I think the team has been less than the sum of its parts so far. Whether it's good enough to stay up from this point, regardless of who is manager, is another issue. I suspect they aren't.
    • Relegation Thread Version...99?!
      I have said many times on here this TEAM is not good enough....and I stand by that. but if our survival  was relating to technical ability alone, I believe we would stay up. Thats why I think the manager has such a difficult job.
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      I would have no problem with Tim's demeanour if he could have backed it up with a good performance as manager. I said as much last season when we were doing well that even though he came across as arrogant, it was actually quite endearing when we were winning games. Jose Mourinho is an absolute word removed of the highest order, but it doesn't matter when he's winning games (or was).
      But as soon as that good performance disappeared for us then it becomes tired and irritating to have somebody like that in charge. I also don't judge my opinion of Sherwood's knowledge on his demeanour. I judge that on the dismal performances I've seen this season and the words that come out of his mouth. None of that indicated that he had much of a clue what was going on, which he admitted as much himself. This is off topic, so to bring it back round to Garde, you're totally right, the proof is in the pudding. And as I've said, I've already seen more in 2 out of 3 performances from Garde than I saw from Sherwood all season. I've seen players played in a real formation, I've seen our best players selected in positions that are actually suited to them on most occasions, and I've seen as good an attacking performance as I've seen from us in about 18 months, even if we were let down at the other end of the pitch. But, I'm happy to admit that those are only baby steps and that there is a lot more to do before we can conclude he's improved us, and that it isn't necessarily down to Garde. It might be the legendary new manager bounce, but I'm reserving the right to be optimistic. I think he's started to turn the ship, whether he'll make the full u-turn we'll have to wait and see.
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      What a rubbish article. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Spoony
      (25 years old)