1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

2. PL:Southampton a

Saturday December 5 15:00
      St. Mary's Stadium

3. PL:Watford h

Saturday November 28 15:00

4. Other Football

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

5. Supporters Clubs

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

3. Off Topic

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

2. Games and Gaming

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

3. Tech Room

All your questions about technology

4. Travel

For discussions about travel around the world

5. North American Sports

For "football", basketball, baseball, ice "hockey" and Lacrosse

6. Site Issues

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

7. Hall of Fame

Old threads preserved for the future

4. Current Season

1. 17,779
  5. Previous Seasons

1. 49,930
    2. 47,128
    3. 36,833
    4. 29,226
    5. 43,600
    6. 44,443

• Relegation Thread Version...99?!
      Net spend is only one element of the problem, its contributory of course it is,but.... We have simply bought too many players (for too long) that are not suited to winning football matches. The blend in the team is laughable.....The recruitment at this club is very questionable....... The academy is overrated, the clamour for a bit of positivity that everyone craves has clouded folks judgment staff and fans.....This team is not built to win football matches, its a patchwork quilt full of poor buys and inadequate players. most of them have come to us to sustain their lifestyles not their playing career. We are desperate to go back to basics and create a pragmatic approach to rebuilding the team with players with Character, drive, will to win, heart all the values of players we revered over the years.....We are not Manchester Utd and when signing players we need to stop thinking we are.....Stoke, Southampton, Everton are the teams we should be looking to emulate in terms of RIGHT PLAYERS.....They are the models we should be looking at.  
    • Ciaran Clark
      I'm not for 1 minute going to argue Clark is a good defender, he's been woeful this season but I don't think the 3rd goal is his fault. I'd have to watch it again to be sure and I have no real interest in doing so, but the ball was spinning away from him and he had to back towards it leaving him off balance and unable to really jump at it combined with it being in the perfect position for Deeney to attack, I personally don't think any defender would have won that header or stopped Deeney from scoring that goal. Anyone who's played football must have dealt with the ball spinning away from you in the air and know how difficult it is to actually get off the ground and head it away in those circumstances It always looks like it's a mistake, the same way that the ball bobbling a yard in front of you causes you to shin it miles off target looks a mistake, doesn't mean anyone would have been able to handle it differently
    • Relegation Thread Version...99?!
      Allardyce has shored up (kinda) Sunderland's defence, Remi needs to work on the defending a lot more, maybe bring in some ex villa players like Laursen, Mellberg etc
    • Joleon Lescott
      How poor must he be if he can't get ahead of Clark? What a waste of money.   Truly awful signing.
    • Sunderland
      I back Remi. I like what I've seen so far and I think he'll do well for us, even if it ultimately doesn't keep us up this season. But, that being said, it amazes me that people were turning their nose up at Allardyce given the position we are/were in.
    • The Randy Lerner thread
      Hope he goes bankrupt. I really do.
      The whole club is a paradox
      I made that decision many moons ago. I ceased my season ticket in the last year of Martin O'Neills reign....I was tired of low grade football. My god, as each season has past and I have been waiting to return, it has got gradually worse.....I'm waiting for it to bottom out, but sadly no sign of that we seem to keep finding new lows. It seems like we go from one bad decision to another.....and learn nothing. Ps I just get invited to the corporate days adhoc..... went on Saturday  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. keefa3011
      (37 years old)
    2. irutsun
      (32 years old)