1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

2. PL:Watford h

Saturday November 28 15:00

3. PL:Everton a

Saturday November 21 15:00
      Goodison Park

4. Other Football

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

5. Supporters Clubs

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

3. Off Topic

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

2. Games and Gaming

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

3. Tech Room

All your questions about technology

4. Travel

For discussions about travel around the world

5. North American Sports

For "football", basketball, baseball, ice "hockey" and Lacrosse

6. Site Issues

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

7. Hall of Fame

Old threads preserved for the future

4. Current Season

1. 16,947
  5. Previous Seasons

1. 49,930
    2. 47,128
    3. 36,833
    4. 29,226
    5. 43,600
    6. 44,443

• The Randy Lerner thread
      The attendances in the 2010 "Complete Record" show that they dipped in the 1980-81 championship season - except for 2 or 3 or so very big matches - to 25,000 and under. That was down to the Midlands economic depression that started around that time I believe. The attendances seem to have stayed low in the early 80s.
    • Carlos Sanchez
      I hope I am not being disrespectful, but I don't think some fans quite understand this role....I am equally not trying to be "holier than thou" or an expert on DM's Iearn't the hard way, being hard on Des Bremner and now realising that i was not evaluating the game properly.I seen Des as low Grade and Cowans and Mortimer as the quality.....How wrong I was, not that Cowans and Mortimer were not quality.....but Bremner was colossus.....The engine room. These type of players are usually short passers of the ball , If they can spray balls around like Cowans or Hoddle it is most unusual.....NRC got criticised for his passing, but in fact it wasn't as bad as some claimed when you study his play.....Sanchez is in the same boat......They are absolutely crucial to holding things together and allowing the Flair players a platform to play. I have also seen Sanchez receive suicide balls or he has had no one to pass to because the running off the ball is some cases unfair blame. I am not saying he is perfect or blameless, but IMO he gets flak when it is someone else's fault that was the case for NRC too imo.....another player that was not eye candy. It does not surprise me one iota that at seasoned manager see's something in him.....we need to cast our eyes at some of the ones that are more responsible for our demise. I just wished he was younger.
    • Libor Kozák
      There's a strong argument for letting him go. He's included in the 25-man squad, yet nobody seems prepared to select him. That's a waste of a space.  I have no problem with him being given a go, but if no manager wants to touch him, let's get him out the door. 
    • Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"
      I work from home 1 days a week as a minimum and Mrs E views it is an additional weekend day/bonus day off. It caused weekly disputes when I remind her I, you know, have to work. Productivity wise its great I get loads done.....shame it dramatically impacts the chance of a fumble later. Not sure why input this in this thread really.
    • Things that piss you off that shouldn't
      Why are people getting so bent out of shape about the $15m. The kids family won't get anywhere near it. Sue for a really big number, annoy, irritate and harass public bodies and they'll guarantee a settlement for a small to moderate number. No fault or liability will be admitted. The family walk off with a couple of $m and the cops/school system get to forget it happened drama free.
    • Paris, Belgium and the ISIS threat to Europe
      @blandy For the UK I think part of the problem on global security issues is that we've taken our lead from the White House for so long, we're dislocated from doing the serious planning and policy generation process ourselves. With a clueless inadequate like Obama in charge both the UK and NATO are effectively adrift, and arguably have been since the Arab Spring began. That (IMO) is reason why Hollande has turned to Putin in the wake of Paris. He might be a rogue, but he is decisive and exudes leadership. That France has felt compelled to do so is the biggest indictment of the West you could imagine.
    • The Chairman Mao resembling, Queen hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread
      It's what came up when I did a search. I've since done another and it's not much different (Express was UKIP not Tory, Guardian Labour not LibDem). The Indie was said in the search result to have backed the coalition again, but that's not right. They did an editorial that said " which is not the same thing at all.