Forums

1. Administration

1. Welcome Forum

New posters please start here

1. Villa Talk

A place for Villa fans to talk about Aston Villa

Sunday February 14 14:05 SKY

Saturday February 6 15:00

A forum to discuss football matters concerning other teams.

General questions about Supporters Clubs - finding one or setting one up

1. Off Topic

It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

Fantasy Football, Consoles, World of Warcraft and anything else related to games

All your questions about technology

For discussions about travel around the world

For gridiron, basketball, rounders baseball, ice hockey and Lacrosse

For any technical issues or questions about the site (including testing)

Old threads preserved for the future

1. 29,680

1. 49,930

• The Villatalk Good Pub Guide
      If you're visiting the O2, you'll be around Greenwich. A couple of regular boozers for me in that neck of the woods are: The Gypsy Moth - this is by the Cutty Sark. If you arrive in Greenwich via. the Thames Clipper, it's the first pub you encounter. Good food in this one, a lovely little beer garden. They used to have an unusual beer selection, but someone bought it out a couple of years ago....I think Taylor Walker or M&B. The Greenwich Union - A meantime pub, and Meantime make a lovely pint. If you're a real ale purist, maybe not for you as Meantime have adopted the American style 'pale ale' revolution everyone is going mad for - so it's all Nitro tap. If you're more up for a traditional pint head next door to Richard I - Probably the best beer in this area. Had a couple of sessions here.
    • Things that piss you off that shouldn't
      It's more about the moderation than the product surely ?
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      It's not though. I still don't know how you came to that conclusion? Unlike you I never made out that there's only a very slim chance of him staying.
    • The Rémi Garde thread
      Those "Good players" are probably about to get us relegated. That indicates to me we really could do with spending 50 million. However , I don't think Lerner will spend that much, so it's academic really.
    • Top Gear 2016
      Eh, maybe Eddie Jordan there Tegis   (beside Stig).   I wonder how regular they'll all be.  It's a bit much to have 6 on each episode.  Or maybe not.  I dunno.  It just goes to show how much the others were on when they can divvy up the cash amongst twice as many now, one of which (Evans) is no doubt on a pretty penny himself.
    • Top Gear 2016
      Guy next to the stig is Eddie Jordan.
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
      The question is how much abuse is a fan entitled to give based on the money they pay? Gate and match day receipts amount to £13m out of Villa's turnover of £117m (9%). £13m divided by 19 games comes to £684k The average gate is 34975 which means the average fan is paying £19.5 per home game towards the cost of running Villa. 59% of that contribution Villa pay out in wages, which is £11.5  Which means the average fan should get around £1's worth of abuse for each player in the team per week. Gabby might be getting £60k a week but how much abuse should he expect from someone only paying him a quid a week?