Stan Petrov

LondonLax

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not necessarily.. We could be 4-1 up with 8 minutes to go and Petrov comes on for TShibola for a cameo role.   ;)

couple of issues.  4-1 up with 8 minutes to go,  i'd still be glad of a draw. secondly if we are 4-1 up then why do we need him? the whole argument is that his influence in the middle could be invaluable I'd argue if we actually managed to score 4 then the midfield wouldnt be performing badly

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He said nobody at the club informed him why he wasnt getting a contract and he would have accepted that if they said he wasnt good enough or fit enough

Sounds about right. I have come to the conclusion that RDM is a coward of a man.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Stan sounds like he's harbouring a grudge that he didn't get a contract. Great player, absolute legend BUT even if you put the fact aside that he recovered from leukaemia, he's 37 and hasn't played at anywhere resembling a decent level in years. Villa made a business not a sentimental decision and hard as it may seem, it was the right one.

He still deserved to be treated with respect. If it is true that he wasn't told why (regardless of whether he knew the reason or not) then that is just really shitty.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Watching SSN there and Stan Petrov is getting interviewed about the Old Firm game today , (couldn't care less about that ) but it was great to see him looking fit and healthy ,one of my all time favourite Villa players of recent years.

• Like 3

Â