Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's had a change of heart but it seems it was definitely on yesterday.

Yep this, number of media in Manc were prepared for signing and club statement/interview etc. Seemed he was up there to join but changed his mind.

Is he still average now he's staying?

I'd say he's still an 'average to good' player. He's better than a lot of our other players, but that's nothing to shout about.

He's a tireless runner, who scores the occasional goal, has improved his defensive game over the years and has a solid, if unspectacular, passing game.

I don't think many of the comments made about his abilities were that bad, to be honest.

Unfortunately, for him, he's probably not good enough to cement a place in Man City's midfield.

Agree with this.

• Like 1

It's important now the club back up what they've said to Delph. I',m sure he'll keep his side of the bargain with good performances leading up to euro 2016.

We need far better quality alongside him in central midfield. Not just Gueye but another one on top of that rather than crossing our fingers Gardner will turn into the next Cowans.

If Benteke goes with the money we need to replace him with a top class striker. No more relying on lower league punts from here and abroad as the basis of our signings.

Delph has that ambition, Sherwood certainly does and y'know maybe if we finish higher than 16th or 17th it might be easier to convince players we're building something and so we don't have these endless rollercoaster transfer sagas every other summer.

Over to you Lerner or new custodian. 

• Like 1

HA! Fair play to Delph for coming out and clearing it up.

VLV, no doubt the club has forced him to make this statement too? You must be furious at AVFC and their despicable regime of forcing players to make these statements.

Well clearly it was all from the heart after all. I'm over the moon!!

At least I didn't start hating the guy like the rest of you! ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He's had a change of heart but it seems it was definitely on yesterday.

Yep this, number of media in Manc were prepared for signing and club statement/interview etc. Seemed he was up there to join but changed his mind.

why is everyone saying he changed his mind? maybe city changed their mind?

pretty lol how easy it is to get the whole of the fanbase back on his side with a 1 line statement. I really think the thing to take away from this situation is to not really take any notice to what footballers say. 

Edited by gharperr

I imagine Man City bid, Villa had no choice but accept, Delph speaks to City to say that he's not interested and they should move on, media think "Delph is talking to City and a bid has been accepted? OMG he's off" they run with the story and it gets blown out of proportion, they assume he's taking a medical asap and we all go crazy. Classic case of 2+2=5

• Like 3

I wonder if there was ever even anything in any of these stories at all, or they were all totally fabricated bullshit?

I could see him having second thoughts about going to Man City, I mean yes he's great for the Villa...very difficult to replace.  But for man city, I don't even think he'd have gotten a look in.

Maybe he didn't wanna be a seat warmer after all, be nice to think there is such a thing as loyalty in football...I'm still cynical of that lol.

Fab news from Fab!

A decision that shows there may still some loyalty in the game after all. No need for a new captain then and this decision might also make Benteke think again! 

I was never quite sure he would leave us in this way so soon. It seems a press rumour printed by The Daily Mail was too easily accepted by the rest of the press and it perhaps shows that it is not always a done deal before a shirt is waved on a pitch or it is confirmed by the player or either club. Great news!    

Fab news from Fab!

A decision that shows there may still some loyalty in the game after all. No need for a new captain then and this decision might also make Benteke think again!

I was never quite sure he would leave us in this way so soon. It seems a press rumour printed by The Daily Mail was too easily accepted by the rest of the press and it perhaps shows that it is not always a done deal before a shirt is waved on a pitch or it is confirmed by the player or either club. Great news!

I don't think they've even made a bid for him!!

• Like 1

Amazing, a possible turning point and hopefully indicative of better times ahead for AVFC. It is very unusual for us to keep hold of a quality player when one the SKY 4 coming sniffing around.

Either he didn't like the offer, has been told that big changes are ahead or is one of the very few players that is not purely motivated by the filthy lucre.

Whichever it is, I am suddenly a bit more positive again about next season.

Fabian Delph!

Doo do doo doo do

Fabian Delph!

Doo do do dooo!

I didn't have a go at Delph but I had a massive go at Villa. I was wrong, I'm delighted!

The hole of depression I'd got in to over Villa over last 24hrs has just disappeared.

But learn one thing; I always thought there were two media outlets you could trust completely,  the OS and the BBC as a not for profit organisation. BBC ran the story as fact and need to apologise! I can forgive papers etc as they need clicks for advertising but BBC used to be above this.

Â