General Chat

Stevo985

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

So it's nearly 2am and i can't sleep because i'm still buzzing off the Arsenal result.

Work is going to suck tomorrow...

after about  a 30 year wait  i finally got to Lord it up over my  brother again who is an Arsenal fan and the reason I support Villa ( we beat them at Highbury  in the first live game i ever watched )

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

after about  a 30 year wait  i finally got to Lord it up over my  brother again who is an Arsenal fan and the reason I support Villa ( we beat them at Highbury  in the first live game i ever watched )

Why did you wait 30 years? We only beat them in December, hell even at the Library we beat them as recently as 2020. In fact since the first lockdown we've beaten them 5 times in 9 matches

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why did you wait 30 years? We only beat them in December, hell even at the Library we beat them as recently as 2020. In fact since the first lockdown we've beaten them 5 times in 9 matches

victories over them are a kinda given , but we haven't potentially stopped them winning the title before  ( least I don't think so) 

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Regarding the Trump court case, if that was anyone else showing such contempt for the law they would be jailed. 

Can't believe he just stands there and calls the judge crooked. 

I'm astonished no one has been killed yet who's testified against him or taken him to court.  It's surely a matter of time. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe he just stands there and calls the judge crooked. 

I'm astonished no one has been killed yet who's testified against him or taken him to court.  It's surely a matter of time. 

If he gets the top job back they’ll all falling out of windows.

On 14/04/2024 at 10:37, limpid said:

Are you saying that Google securely storing data was a breach?

No, I'm saying it was an abuse of users privacy along the/similar lines of what you said about Apple

So Apple cares about privacy, but only if you are a (recent) customer of theirs? Wow.

Google was collecting users "incognito" data without permission and using it to sell ads. They've a long record of abusing data/privacy for their own ends (profit) and having bugs that let others access user data. They're not unique in that, but they're probably the biggest source/stockpile of people's data, with billions of users.

The website Firewalltimes covers breaches of privacy and data pretty well (for the layman to read) https://firewalltimes.com/category/breaches/.

Google features prominently. Apple, not so much.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Off to Brean for the weekend. Not looking forward to the drive in a manual van due to  the pain in my hands, but very much looking forward to a weekend of nothing. 

Sounds ace. It feels like ages since we had a holiday. I should look into a UK caravan break, my kids love them.

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Sounds ace. It feels like ages since we had a holiday. I should look into a UK caravan break, my kids love them.

Got 2 weekends away, the next one is Delamere Forest. 
I should stand on the beach and shout across to Barry that they are shithouses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Got 2 weekends away, the next one is Delamere Forest. 
I should stand on the beach and shout across to Barry that they are shithouses. 

We could flashlight each other.

I’ll think of a code word…

Â