USB Leads

PongRiddims

Right, this is driving me insane now. I have collected over the years a collection of USB to Micro USB (I think, the ones that fit most phones) leads. Are there different generations of them? Some seem to charge my phone normally, some seem to take forever. Also, although they all have the same connection, some won't stay in my phone at all where others fit superb.

I just want five perfectly normal robust leads that charge everything, whether phone, tablet, wireless headphones.

No, it'll make no difference. New phones and tablets will charge quicker with more Amps.

I have one of these at home and one at work.I wonder if this will work.

Yay

Edited by limpid

No, it'll make no difference. New phones and tablets will charge quicker with more Amps.

I have one of these at home and one at work.I wonder if this will work.

Yay

Wait, if I use one of my lesser amp leads in that am I gonna have the same problem still? Although I really could do with one of those, great link thanks

Little tip - I use a tower PC at work to charge my mobile.

The USB ports on the back kick out more power than the ports on the front.

Think it's quite common, the rationale being you're more likely to connect chunky hardware at the rear.

• Like 2

You said leads were USB to micro-USB. How do you plug them into the mains? I think you aren't describing things very well.

Usually you get a bit that plugs into the mains (aka adapter, wallwart, brick) which has a USB port on it and then you have USB-microUSB leads. Sometimes you get an adapter with a permanently attached lead, but that's not what you described in your OP.

The differing power comes from what you plug the USB end into. Different adapters have different power outputs. Different USB ports have different power outputs. The leads are always the same.

If you have a lead attached to an adapter then the power spec is as per the adapter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Limpid forgot about this.

I have a USB plug (Plug A) that I use in the wall.

If I use Lead A into Plug A I get a normal charge

If I use Lead B into Plug A I get a slow charging warning

Same plug, different leads, different outcomes.

• 4 weeks later...
I apologise unreservedly. I just found a USB lead which charges slower than another on the same supply. This should be impossible and I'm throwing away the slow one.

Yes! But why is it happening Limpo?

Â