San Marino v Englahd

andykeenan

I think the general level of apathy could be summed up by the fact that the OP didn't even bother to spell England correctly!

Personally, for this fixture, I think they should put the names of every player in the Conference in a hat, and then just do a 'lucky' dip, give some guys a chance to play for England who'd never do so otherwise. We'd still cruise to victory. Such a timewaste. 

• Like 1

Never been so uninspired/disillusioned by England as i'am currently

I used to watch them religiously get beers in really enjoy the games but i think its a combination of Uncle Woy and the team being utter wank which has driven me away

I also hate Rooney being touted as world class by the english media he's nowhere near world level

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

When I first got into football (early 90's) it felt amongst me and my friends that international football was a bit of a non event. Club first, country a very distant second.

Following Euro 96 the importance of the national team felt more prevalent. I certainly have gotten very vocal when things have gone awry with England.

These days I'm closer to how I was growing up, would like them to win, but not overly fussed if they do. Maybe it was the lacklustre tournament performances (2010 World Cup in particular), maybe it's FIFA generally. 

It most likely the fact that I support and worry about Villa every week whereas the idea of having to support Sterling, Rooney, Snakey and other players I couldn't care less about leaves me slightly numb.

For me, the best thing about watching England is the decent camaraderie in the pub it brings.

I think the general level of apathy could be summed up by the fact that the OP didn't even bother to spell England correctly!

Personally, for this fixture, I think they should put the names of every player in the Conference in a hat, and then just do a 'lucky' dip, give some guys a chance to play for England who'd never do so otherwise. We'd still cruise to victory. Such a timewaste. 

They kinda did, Vardy is starting...

Jonjo Shelvey and Jamie Vardy will start. Hodgson might want to have a chat with Floyd Mayweather about how to whip up support before an event.  Giving me a glimpse into this team selection is more likely to have me not tune in.

This is dreadful football. I don't really understand the point. Of course they're going to defend with 11 men behind the ball. So why are we just passing the ball around 30 yards out from goal? These guys are so crap that a bit of directness would help enormously. 

Abysmal.

A ghost penalty and an OG.

A team with a back 9 and Roy goes with Vardy, a pub player with no guile or intelligence to speak of, who has gotten by on being a pacey lille word removed. Nice one.

He has to the 'WTF Carlton Palmer??' moment of this generation.

Abysmal. Absolute dross.

• Like 1

Â