Apart from AVFC, which PL clubs have the best supporters?

Marka Ragnos

Apart from AVFC, which PL clubs have the best supporters? (anonymous, multiple choice OK)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Apart from AVFC, which PL clubs have the best supporters? (anonymous, multiple choice OK)

• Arsenal
    • Bournemouth
    • Chelsea
    • Crystal Palace
    • Everton
    • Leicester
    • Liverpool
    • Man City
    • Man Utd
    • Newcastle
    • Norwich
    • Southampton
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Swansea
    • Tottenham
    • Watford
    • West Brom
    • West Ham

Define "best" however you want, which is a tricky question on its own. 

Yep, I'm kinda a poll junkie. Fun to see how you lot think and feel! This one's anonymous but you can pick more than one ...

Living in America, it's almost impossible for me to gauge this one. I don't have a clue how to answer it as I never meet these people, and I don't really count the "plastic" supporters I might see at the local shopping mall.

Depends how you define it.

I went for home fans. And Palace seem great at the moment.

I guess it's easy to be good fans when you're about as good as you've been for at least 20 years, but still.

If you went by away fans it would be different.

Depends what you go on, if you go on loyalty, numbers turning up week in week out regardless, I rate Newcastle, West Ham and Norwich.

If you go on atmosphere, Palace are pretty good (though slightly over-rated as it's only a small percentage of the ground making noise), Swansea are pretty loud at home judging by the 2 occasions I've been too.

Man Utd have the noisiest away fans, however that's probably because they are nearly always winning when they visit VP, be interesting to see what they'd be like if they were 3-0 down with a few minutes to go.

It's an unanswerable question. How do you even begin to define 'best' because already the answers given gravitate towards fans who are happy just to be here at the moment (Palace) and fans who have spent the best part of 25 years seeing their team crush all opposition they play (Manchester United). Teams that give their fans something to sing about will be backed passionately and fans that serve up dross won't. 

• Like 2

I went for Swansea because I go there quite often and it's one of the best atmosphere's I know.

I know it's a lot to do with the layout of the stadium but their fans are still in that honeymoon phase of just enjoying where they are (as they all remember where they were just a few years ago) and there doesn't seem to be a hint of getting too big for their boots. If it were purely down to which fans create the best atmosphere, I'm not sure who I'd vote for but Swansea would certainly be in the top 3 or 4.

• Like 1

I went for Swansea because I go there quite often and it's one of the best atmosphere's I know.

I know it's a lot to do with the layout of the stadium but their fans are still in that honeymoon phase of just enjoying where they are (as they all remember where they were just a few years ago) and there doesn't seem to be a hint of getting too big for their boots. If it were purely down to which fans create the best atmosphere, I'm not sure who I'd vote for but Swansea would certainly be in the top 3 or 4.

In contrast to Leicester fans who after 1 season back in the top flight after 10 years and a decent run of 10 games or so think they're hot shit all of a sudden.

• Like 1

In contrast to Leicester fans who after 1 season back in the top flight after 10 years and a decent run of 10 games or so think they're hot shit all of a sudden.

Yet decide to celebrate this with **** wooden clappers

Palace are overrated for me. It was a small section of the ground making noise and it kind of just fell into the background to background noise. I much prefer waves of sound from fans, I believe it's more intimidating to opposition players too. 

In terms of my own experiences following Everton around last season, I'd say Leicester's were the best but they don't half do some cringy chants and the drum/goal music automatically takes them down considerably....

I'm going to think this through and get back to you though :)