Formatting issues

BOF

Question

With the old forum you could turn off the auto-formatting in the top left of the editing window and you could just write what you wanted and it would appear that way.

With the button turned off :

Test

Test

Test

would appear as

Test

Test

Test

But now that same post gets posted as

Test Test Test

because at the point of submission it is being interpreted as HTML and the flat text (obviously) doesn't contain BR tags.  So now the only way to format anything is with Source turned on - which is no bueno.

17 answers to this question

The above post was what came from the below composed post. So in terms of formatting, WYSIWIG certainly seems, at the very least, analagous to nothing.

a8a8a8d9a522eaa2ffd39e1e1c6967e8.png

Edited by BOF

I've just looked up what WYSIWYG means and now I believe I'll be able to explain it to you (if the above posts don't do that).

The WYSIWYG editor does not result in WYSIWYG posts (it did in the past, but not now).  It results in everything on the one line regardless of WYSIWYG formatting because it is all being interpreted as HTML code.

Phew!

I didn't ! :bang:

I'll try again.   Whether source is on or off, it doesn't matter, on or off at the point of posting, it will always be interpreted as HTML.  You NEVER get WYSIWYG.  You ALWAYS get HTML.  Please understand me this time :/

Edited by BOF

Nope, still not getting WYSIWYG. I'm aware that source turned off is the WYSIWYG editor. But I'm not getting anything but completely unformatted posts. And that's within Chrome and Firefox now. Oh well.

Â