Your Thoughts On Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Pilchard

I think the concept is applicable to anything.

The concept of players being underrated compared to other, more expensive options is there to be exploited.

It's the method of how it's applied that isn't as applicable in football. You can't base it all around stats.

A player getting on base in baseball is great because it's always the same player facing pitches. So chances are he'll match that average over a period of time. So you can say if you buy that player for cheap, you'll get that average.

But in football, a player getting 20 assists a season might look like a great player to pick up for cheap. But him getting so many assists could be based on the team he has around him. Putting him in a different team might not yield the same results.

Basically, there are so many more factors to consider in football, it makes the application of the concept much more difficult. Baseball is much more based on individual performances that are directly comparable in every game because there are less variables.

I agree, its the use of the term 'moneyball' which I don't agree with because the concept without the method is useless which makes its relevance to football and our transfer window irrelevant.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Not many of us saw anything of these players before they pulled on a shirt for us. I'm not convinced they are all that good. We've seen flashes from one or two of them, but I've not been overly impressed so far. 

The manager is mainly at fault for his bizarre decision, but the players don't get off let off the hook from this mess. Some of the piss poor mistakes that they've been making is school boy stuff and they should be ashamed.

I also hate it when people try to remove them from any blame for the FA cup final debacle. If they couldn't get motivated for the biggest game they'll ever play in their career (most of them probably won't get near a final again) then they need to take a long hard look at themselves. 

absolutely spot on.

all the essential ingredients are in doubt for me .....conviction, working for each other, belief, decision making, concentration and will to win.

all the stuff that should be a pre-requisite for a PREMIER League player. 

Not many of us saw anything of these players before they pulled on a shirt for us. I'm not convinced they are all that good. We've seen flashes from one or two of them, but I've not been overly impressed so far. 

The manager is mainly at fault for his bizarre decision, but the players don't get off let off the hook from this mess. Some of the piss poor mistakes that they've been making is school boy stuff and they should be ashamed.

I also hate it when people try to remove them from any blame for the FA cup final debacle. If they couldn't get motivated for the biggest game they'll ever play in their career (most of them probably won't get near a final again) then they need to take a long hard look at themselves. 

absolutely spot on.

all the essential ingredients are in doubt for me .....conviction, working for each other, belief, decision making, concentration and will to win.

All stuff the manager is responsible for. Apart from decision making.

absolutely spot on.

All stuff the manager is responsible for. Apart from decision making.

including concentration & will to win?......ok

Impotent. Toothless. And not ready for the Premier League. To think we could have bought Charlie Austin ... and not Big Sam will swoop for him in January.

Randy, Paddy Reilly, Tom Fox, Krulak --- how can things be done differently next time? What is your strategy?

Edited by Plastic Man

Shite. Buying a load of cheap, relatively unknown players from the French league is not a good window. Selling our best player and replacing him with a championship striker is not a good window.

No idea why people think we have a good squad. We don't. It is probably capable of scraping survival and that's about it. Having a joke of a manager and a chief executive who is too slow to react is why we'll go down.

Edited by Arj Guy

I just want to point out how you were all laughing at the rumours that we were going to buy Vardy for 15m this summer. But he would have been a steal for that price. 

I think we got some good deals, but some really poor ones as well. We should of maybe been targetting more experienced players with the right mentality instead of youngsters. 

• Like 1

I just want to point out how you were all laughing at the rumours that we were going to buy Vardy for 15m this summer. But he would have been a steal for that price. 

I think we got some good deals, but some really poor ones as well. We should of maybe been targetting more experienced players with the right mentality instead of youngsters. 

No he wouldn't. He is still a limited player, just going through a good run of form. Lets not forget that he's 28 either. Obviously he'd walk into our team but give me Austin over Vardy anyway of the week

• Like 2

I still think most of our business this summer was good. Amavi and Gana especially. Main problem is we should have bought another striker and in hindsight replaced Guzan.

I was excited by the YouTube clips, the praise from foreign journalists and the idea of unknown potential but really all we've done is cheap out on different gambles again. Our net spend was low and while we were all in awe at spending money, considering the amount of players we signed the average cost was pretty low. I'd also guess that wages for these guys are on the low side for premier league players. 

Some might turn out to be quality but right now the quality is not there. The whole set up is there to just survive and the manager to the owner and everyone in between needs to take responsibility. 

• Like 1

2 or 3 have been decent, the rest have not been good enough so far but that was expected after signing mid/low value players from the french league. Injuries to some of them haven't helped either. Traore not being fit has been particularly dissapointing.

Its not easy for any player to move and settle into a team straight away, can take 5 or 6 months to do so as its not just on field stuff to adapt to

Not really a surprised that Richards, Gueye and Amavi look our best signings so far since they were 1st 3 brought in and had a decent pre-season with the squad

Â