Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

The Liverpool Echo spoke to the higher ups at Liverpool and confirmed that Ilori is unlikely to return to Liverpool again. Just chill.

You know how we all love the Evening Mail… The Echo is the Mail. If it said it was raining I'd look out of the window to check

The issue here is, the Mail haven't a clue because they've burned their bridges with Villa, whereas the Echo who first reported the Ilori loan whereas our local journo didn't have a clue.

Loans work in our favor too, Grealish being Exhibit A.

I dont really have a problem with loans, they usually benifit all parties involved.

Think deeper, hombre. They benefit all parties in the short term, which is why everyone accepts them. In the long run, though, the contracts of the best players end up in the hands of the biggest clubs.

As they tend to do regardless of loan deals along the way

That is the response I was going to make to your previous post, Maqroll. We loan players in, if they improve they go back to their `big' home club, we loan players out, if they improve they go to a `big' club.

• Like 1

Loans work in our favor too, Grealish being Exhibit A.

I dont really have a problem with loans, they usually benifit all parties involved.

Think deeper, hombre. They benefit all parties in the short term, which is why everyone accepts them. In the long run, though, the contracts of the best players end up in the hands of the biggest clubs.

As they tend to do regardless of loan deals along the way

Yes, but in the loan system you have far, far more players joining big clubs by preference. There's a fallback option for them of going on loan. Without the loan system, players have to think very carefully before they back themselves to make the big club's first team.

The Cleverly thing really bummed me out, we resurrected his club and national career. His response, nip off to Everton at the first opportunity and never mention us again, no thanks, no 'i owe a lot to Tim and Villa'.

I've pretty much forgotten about him AND Delph already, to be honest. We're looking a lot better with Gana and Sanchez IMO.

• Like 1

I think we're happy that he's good enough and have in effect signed him permanently. We've just offset the fee until next year which has the added bonus of allowing us to change our mind. I reckon he'll play a surprising amount this year.

Liverpool's transfer strategy has been a utter shambles for years now.

Edited by El-Reacho

Another superb signing from Tim.

We have never used loans wisely enough and that's shocking because so many top teams buy players for the future and they waste away or play abroad.
It's great to see Sherwood realising where potential may lie.

Also, less of the Badcuma, he's clearly a wide midfielder doing a job as right back. He's struggled in attack and defence but he's always giving his all and he does help us move the ball into the final third even if his crossing has been below par.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

If Sherwood just chucks him in, in front of Clark, I'll be very disappointed. 

I think it will be Lescott that takes Clark's place it's Hutton and Bacuna under threat from this chap I think. Besides Clark deserves to lose his place after the last two games.

Edited by TrentVilla
  • Like 2

Â