Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

Regardless of the clause, it'll be down to the choice of the player at the end of the season, it always is.  I think it'll be one of 3 scenarios:

1) He does reasonably well, builds a bond with the club and he chooses to stay

2) He has a stormer, but regardless of where we finish he gets lured back to Liverpool

3) He does shit, no one wants him and he goes back to Liverpool

All such clauses do is control the price the player is available for at the end of the loan, that is it. 

They protect the club loaning the player in so far as they don't pay an inflated price because of how the player has performed for them.

But that is ultimately it.

• Like 1

The Liverpool Echo spoke to the higher ups at Liverpool and confirmed that Ilori is unlikely to return to Liverpool again. Just chill.

You know how we all love the Evening Mail… The Echo is the Mail. If it said it was raining I'd look out of the window to check

Regardless of the clause, it'll be down to the choice of the player at the end of the season, it always is.  I think it'll be one of 3 scenarios:

1) He does reasonably well, builds a bond with the club and he chooses to stay

2) He has a stormer, but regardless of where we finish he gets lured back to Liverpool

3) He does shit, no one wants him and he goes back to Liverpool

4)He does reasonably well, but no other clubs want him, so we pay Liverpool £6m, and he stays. The following season, his performances go stratospheric, and we sell him to Liverpool for £32.5m.  

• Like 4

So if that's true, we're developing another team's player at a position where we're loaded and there's not even the guarantee of a sale.

I'm going to say bullshit on this. We wouldn't accept on those terms.

Many clubs accept those terms, including ours in the past. I hate loans. They skew the game even further towards the `big' clubs.

I don't think we has as much CB cover as others seem to think before this signing. Clark is a bit injury prone, Lescott is VERY injury prone and getting on, Okore is always injured and I genuinely think his time is running out at this club already, Baker is out on loan and we've got Richards as the only real consistently 'there' CB. This signing makes perfect sense to me and with the option to buy this could be a masterstroke. If not then no harm done.

I know everyone wanted a striker but it's not as if we have foregone getting a striker as a sacrifice for tying up this loan.

Are we really going to pay £6m for a 22 year old who has never featured in even the most modest Liverpool defence ?  - Probably not - I doubt he will get many games here, probably at a similar level to Clark \ Baker.

Ive been saying a while Okore is massively over rated on here, I thought he would go in the summer, obviously the injury put pay to that, but I think his time as first choice CB here is coming to a close. 

I think we paid £1m to loan him. I think that means he will get games.

As well as questions of depth I'm quite inclined for us to keep trying and trying until we find a solid, reliable centre back pairing. When was the last time we had such a 'luxury'? The top teams have those for a reason...

I'd say God and Teale now that was a partnership
  • Like 1

Welcome to our club Tiago!

Did Christian tell you that it was an offer you could not refuse? 

I look forward to you having a great season with us and wanting to make it a permanent deal at the end of the season. Make it happen! 

So if that's true, we're developing another team's player at a position where we're loaded and there's not even the guarantee of a sale.

I'm going to say bullshit on this. We wouldn't accept on those terms.

Many clubs accept those terms, including ours in the past. I hate loans. They skew the game even further towards the `big' clubs.

Totally. Players just try to join the biggest club they can, and not making the first team is no longer a factor for them because of the loans option. Changing this would improve things overnight. I wonder if they will...

• Like 1

Loans work in our favor too, Grealish being Exhibit A.

I dont really have a problem with loans, they usually benifit all parties involved.

Think deeper, hombre. They benefit all parties in the short term, which is why everyone accepts them. In the long run, though, the contracts of the best players end up in the hands of the biggest clubs.

• Like 1

Loans work in our favor too, Grealish being Exhibit A.

I dont really have a problem with loans, they usually benifit all parties involved.

Think deeper, hombre. They benefit all parties in the short term, which is why everyone accepts them. In the long run, though, the contracts of the best players end up in the hands of the biggest clubs.

As they tend to do regardless of loan deals along the way

And always have done, when we won 90% of our titles when there were either wage caps or no official wages even, we used to invent fake salaried factory jobs so our players got paid the most and had time to train. Players "finding" money in there boots was not unheard of either. Football has always contained an element of rich people rule bending with raw cash to employ the best players.

The trick is to get ourselves invited to the CL party a few years in a row...

Aaaaanyway, has anybody actually seen this lad play right back? or is it just conjecture on our part that he can play there?

Edited by romavillan

Â