Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

This is a bit early perhaps, but never mind.

I think the extra international break will give us a chance to get a few players back from injury, and once the signings are finalised after 1st Sept it'll give any new players a bit of time with the rest of the squad.

I'd pick (assuming we sign Lescott and a new striker)

----------------- Guzan ----------------

Hutton -- Richards -- Lescott -- Amavi

---- Gana -- Westwood -- Sanchez ---

--- Sinclair -- New Striker -- Grealish ---

Wish I could fit in Traore and Gil too but it's hard to leave out Sinclair when he's scored 5 in 2 and hard to ignore how different we look with Jack in the side. Could just sit with Gana and Westy centrally and swap Sanchez for Gil in a free role in from of them, but might leave us a little lightweight in midfield. Nice to have options though, and nice to look at the back four and think they're not bad.

I'm just glad Mahrez plays down their right and not down their left.

Must say I'd have to agree with your team there, although I will wait and see who the new striker is before committing to starting him.  I still think once Gestede gets up to fitness and speed he'll be a force to be reckoned with.  Even in the 2nd half against Sunderland he showed more effectiveness towards our overall play than he had to that point.

• Like 2

We're going to get our arses kicked ... and my support for this position is, I confess, a mere hunch (but of course, you all know already that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about most all of the time).  :D

Edited by Plastic Man

Sinclair up top with Grealish, Gil and Traore behind, if all fit, we should be able to create plenty and hopefully finish enough of those to get us the points. Lescott coming in makes me feel a little more confident we won't need at least 3 goals for this to happen.

------------------- Guzan ----------------

------------------ Sanchez --------------

----------- Gueye ------ Veretout -------

Traore ---------------------------- Grealish

------------------ Sinclair --------------------

subs Bunn, Clark, Bacuna, Westwood, Gil, Ayew, Agbonlahor

Edited by KHV
  • Like 3

Glad your'e not picking the team. There is no way Sinclair can play as a lone striker in my opinion. Bearing in mind his goals he definitely has to start but I think it will be at the expense of one of the other names you mentioned.

I think TS will go with a solid three in middle as he will want to win that battle so my guess would be it will be Grealish and Sinclair behind Rudy/Kozak/Ayew/Gabby.

Sinclair would be fine up top with players like Grealish and Gil behind him, of course he's not a target man but he wouldn't be doing that job, he'd play on the shoulder and use his movement in the box to get an opening for cutbacks and through balls. We wouldn't be able to hit it up to him and expect him to hold it up but it's just a different way of playing. Playing through our midfield would be key and I think Gana, Westwood or Sanchez are good enough for that.

edit; I don't think we will but I'd still like to see it.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

------------------- Guzan ----------------

------------------ Sanchez --------------

----------- Gueye ------ Veretout -------

Traore ---------------------------- Grealish

------------------ Sinclair --------------------

subs Bunn, Clark, Bacuna, Westwood, Gil, Ayew, Agbonlahor

That back four compared to our weakest... It's nice to have some confidence in them!

Vince+mcmahons+robot+walk+swag+_dc291c_5

• Like 3

If they are all fit he has a selection headache with the front 3/4.

Sinclair has to start, Grealish too. But what about Adama? How do you incorporate both Sinclair and Grealish into a system like that without pushing Grealish out wide? Gil played well when he came on last Saturday, did he do enough?

Does he sacrifice one of Sanchez or Westwood for the sake of playing Grealish, Adama AND Sinclair? Who gets the next chance in the number 9 role?

Heck, who does he slot in at centre half?

Great headache to have.