The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I reckon we need to replace Bent in the squad ASAP - we've got Benteke, Gabby and Kozac who we can count as strikers and that aint enough for me so new stiker is a priority

This may seem like an overreaction but...

FFS HE'S BEEN HERE ALMOST TWO YEARS THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR GETTING HIS NAME WRONG SORT IT OUT :rant:

Not as bad as people calling him "Kovak" though ;)

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I think it's only the fee that is holding up the Benteke move.....in principal he is as good as gone.

Strikers for me are an interesting bunch....most of us just look at th amount of goals in a season ang judge on that criteria alone, I think there is much more to it than that.

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them....like Alan Shearer did.

We signed Tony cascarino & Guy Whittingham I would suspect on goal scoring stats......The more discerning would have chosen their partners in crime....Teddy Sheringham & Paul Walsh.

Jose Mourinho recently made reference to the strikers that make their own goals and those that rely on others, there is a big difference in my view....he made this point about Torres v Drogba

Christian Benteke is good player and has been great for us, but so was John Carew.....these players do need service, no disrespect they are not like Thierry Henry and before an avalanche of criticism comes my way in terms of quality of player....Henry cost 7 mill when Arsenal signed him....these players are out there, but it's not easy to find them.

We can sign players better....we just have to look that bit harder and have a bit of luck

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them.

I'll just copy and paste that for the Gabby thread, cheers TRO.  :lol: 

This is a team that has been bloody awful now season on season. Only ones I would want to keep would be Clark, Grealish and probably Okore. Keep Benteke only because he would be difficult to replace, but bring in Austin and he could go too. 

A great opportunity for Sherwood to build his own team, and it would take a couple of windows to do it. The majority of the players we have been linked with look much better than what we have. I suspect Sherwood would see this as a challenge, which he would enjoy.

• Like 3

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them.

I'll just copy and paste that for the Gabby thread, cheers TRO.  :lol: 

Now,now don't get me in to trouble, I was talking generally

But I guess I could say......if the cap fits, wear it.

Im actually excited now for the summer as sick of watching same shit players do **** all most weeks and except Benteke im not bothered about anybody that left or wants to leave.

Between Delph, Weimann , Lowton and Vlaar they have played 327 games between them in last 3 seasons and we have been absolute diabolical. fresh blood needed

• Like 1

I think it's only the fee that is holding up the Benteke move.....in principal he is as good as gone.

Strikers for me are an interesting bunch....most of us just look at th amount of goals in a season ang judge on that criteria alone, I think there is much more to it than that.

All strikers have barren runs...but the very good ones have less dud games than the others. Some strikers will notch up their annual haul with penalties and scoring when a team is already two goals up.....the very good strikers win you games, they get goals when you need them....like Alan Shearer did.

We signed Tony cascarino & Guy Whittingham I would suspect on goal scoring stats......The more discerning would have chosen their partners in crime....Teddy Sheringham & Paul Walsh.

Jose Mourinho recently made reference to the strikers that make their own goals and those that rely on others, there is a big difference in my view....he made this point about Torres v Drogba

Christian Benteke is good player and has been great for us, but so was John Carew.....these players do need service, no disrespect they are not like Thierry Henry and before an avalanche of criticism comes my way in terms of quality of player....Henry cost 7 mill when Arsenal signed him....these players are out there, but it's not easy to find them.

We can sign players better....we just have to look that bit harder and have a bit of luck

Yes, Tro, but that is a very big hold up, and unlike you the reason I think he will not be going. Just an opinion, of course. 

Perhaps I'm being unfair but you could argue it reflects poorly on Sherwood that Vlaar, Cleverley and Delph have decided not to stick around when they could have done so. 

What about Milner, Young, Downing and Barry? I dont think its a reflection of the manager at all i think its one of what we are as a club and what other clubs are and what they can offer. They win things and pay much more than we do, its really not a hard decision.

Yes, Tro, but that is a very big hold up, and unlike you the reason I think he will not be going. Just an opinion, of course.

But I don't want players hanging around who don't want to be with us.

Perhaps I'm being unfair but you could argue it reflects poorly on Sherwood that Vlaar, Cleverley and Delph have decided not to stick around when they could have done so. 

Errr... Vlaar was quite rightly given a take it or leave it contract. I believe right now he back under the knife so good call there. Delph... well he is still here :D and Cleverley never was ours, lives up North and had a big Martinez connection.  

Maybe I think you are being VERY unfair!!

• Like 2

Â