Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Its amazing how solid the defence actually looks for a change and I put that down to Big Phil. He's a bit of a colossus just to look at and has an imposing effect on defenders when he goes up for set-pieces. I know he'll screw up at some point, he's not superhuman, but I'm betting to suggest Brad Guzan might have more easier games than a few. Vlaar/Senderos looks to be following in the footsteps of some great Villa  partnerships.

Lambert mentioned this when signing Senderos, but he has mentioned it after the Newcastle game.

"Philippe has been excellent, he really has. "One thing that may go unnoticed about Philippe is that he is a terrific organiser. He is really good at that."When I went to watch Switzerland train that was one of the things that really stood out for me.

"He was excellent at talking people through the game."

• Like 1

Just saw this stat on BBC "Phillipe Senderos has won three of his four Premier League games with Villa, only one fewer than he managed in 12 appearances with Fulham last season"

At first glance that seems like he's played way better for us but thinking about it, 4 wins in 12 for Fulham means he averaged at least a point game.

They finished with 32 points which means they got at most 20 points from all of the rest of their games.

Why the **** did they loan him out then?

Think he should calm down against arsenal but easier said than done, Got a tad excited at times on Saturday and could have easily been carded.

Probably thinks he's got a point to prove and will dare say that some of the arse players will be after him on a wind up mission.

Hopefully Keano's had a word.

Edited by Kingman

Got away with it a bit tbh - if that was spotted would have been a red.

I disagree. It's not serious foul play or violent conduct IMO.

He just tripped him over, it happens all the time. It was definitely a booking though.

agree

i did wonder if sky had to pay alan smith a bit more this week to forget that he's a villa fan for 90 minutes, his commentary on the incident was shocking, the trip was a yellow, the kick out is three fifths of **** all

He's been player of the season so far. 

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but with his organisation of the defence and ability to attack a corner, it's almost like having Laursen back. Except for his gorgeous head of hair.

Lambert mentioned this when signing Senderos, but he has mentioned it after the Newcastle game.

"Philippe has been excellent, he really has. "One thing that may go unnoticed about Philippe is that he is a terrific organiser. He is really good at that."When I went to watch Switzerland train that was one of the things that really stood out for me.

"He was excellent at talking people through the game."

Great research from Lambert. Well done that man.

Â