Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

Yeah I've been looking up tips for the CQC cuz everytime I try and sneak attack a guard it **** up and I end up altering the world and it's dog.

I really want to enjoy this cuz earlier games in the series were superb.

Yeah I've been looking up tips for the CQC cuz everytime I try and sneak attack a guard it **** up and I end up altering the world and it's dog.

I really want to enjoy this cuz earlier games in the series were superb.

So far the general mission goes like this. Spend time tagging enemies, work my way into the base, get spotted because I missed 1 fecking guard so then I just think screw it I'll just gun um all down cause I can't save it/I have to start over.

In truth I ended up turning it off & playing x-com on my Mac.

I've never played MGS.

Well, I played Metal Gear on the NES about 20 years ago, but I'm not sure that counts.

Is there like a complete collection available for the PS4?

Nothing on PS4, they've done 2 collections on the PS3 but the new gave is the first true jump to the current gen.

It's a great series, if absolutely nuts

Discovered last night that the game learns from you, makes me change my tactics.

**** up is part of the joy of this. A mission last night started brilliantly ghosting into a base but then couldn't find my target, ended with a gun toting dash prisoner over my shoulder gunfire all around to a jeep before speeding away to a waiting helicopter.

Got this waiting for me at home. Big fan of the metal gear series, and i liked peace walker where you could basically kidnap enemy soliders for your base. Interested to see how it plays out on the big console. Also looking forward to amassing a huge aerial fleet with massive firepower and launching an all out assault on some crappy base when i'm far into the game :D

Well I will say...its growing on me but I still maintain the controls are badly layed out.

Eg sprint is click left thumbs stick as Snake, so why on the horse it's moved to X? Makes absolutely no sense.

Seeing the uogrades has made me want to stick with it & also making a sniper has added a nice element. Will say it's cool entering a base at night....Like an 80's action movie :D

I'm still not seeing how this scored perfect marks on a lot of sites.

Edited by mightysasquatch

I haven't had any issues at all with the controls. I find them very intuitive. I certainly wouldn't want to have to keep clicking in the L-Stick every few seconds to boost the horse's speed whilst also trying to maneuver it with the same stick. That really would be awful. Having it on X/Square makes perfect sense to me for that reason.

In a perfect world though, every game that uses a horse as a mode of transport would pay Rockstar lots of money to use their RDR horse tech. 

I haven't had any issues at all with the controls. I find them very intuitive. I certainly wouldn't want to have to keep clicking in the L-Stick every few seconds to boost the horse's speed whilst also trying to maneuver it with the same stick. That really would be awful. Having it on X/Square makes perfect sense to me for that reason.

In a perfect world though, every game that uses a horse as a mode of transport would pay Rockstar lots of money to use their RDR horse tech.

I really don't like the controls, having to hold 2 buttons/selecting/then confirming the action to me is poor design. I much prefer a skill wheel but it's....horses for courses:p too me the horse gallop would make more sense on the stick I'm already controlling him with. Just like you do with snake.

Every mission thus far has panned out the same for me. Start of very stealthy then I end up just gunning everyone down.

Just finished Ground Zeroes... How the **** did they get away with charging £40 for that!!!

It was very good but as you all know, 1-2 hours long for a full price, disgraceful. I'm still gonna buy Phantom Pain though :P

Just finished Ground Zeroes... How the **** did they get away with charging £40 for that!!!

It was very good but as you all know, 1-2 hours long for a full price, disgraceful. I'm still gonna buy Phantom Pain though :P

Ground Zeroes was overpriced but there is a fair amount of content in it if you're prepared to absolutely rinse it. The additional missions add a few hours gameplay and the game is effectively set up to be replayed multiple times in different ways.

Just stop what you are doing, go to your nearest supermarket/game shop and just buy the game.

Watched the start, took over an outpost, went to the other first objective and shit hit the fan.  I died and it was late so I had to force myself to turn it off, but I cannot wait to play this later tonight.

It looks absolutely superb too.

Once small thing (purely for myself only I expect) is that my left stick on the analogue controller when you leave it goes forward a tiny bit, making me walk incredibly slowly forward, which is a little annoying when you're in cover and need to remain completely still.

Â