What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

So....I've got a new job which will involve a commute by train. We will therefore only need to be a one car family. 

The plan is both the Freelander (lovely car but expensive and gassy as ****) and the A1 (wonderful wonderful little car but too **** small for a family of four) will both be going. 

That leaves me with about £25k to play with... I will never own a people carrier but I'd like the suggestions from the VT community. Its got to be reasonably efficient and ideally an estate...

GO!! 

I have an E Class saloon which is absolutely brilliant, so I second the calls for the E-Class estate.

I just like the style of the new Mondeo, it's a great looking car.

Yep, it's very nice.

The continued, erm, "borrowing" of Aston Martin's stylings are working well.

Well they did own them for a 13 years.

• Like 1

I just like the style of the new Mondeo, it's a great looking car.

Yep, it's very nice.

The continued, erm, "borrowing" of Aston Martin's stylings are working well.

Well they did own them for a 13 years.

Still have a stake in them I believe.

So....I've got a new job which will involve a commute by train. We will therefore only need to be a one car family.

The plan is both the Freelander (lovely car but expensive and gassy as ****) and the A1 (wonderful wonderful little car but too **** small for a family of four) will both be going.

That leaves me with about £25k to play with... I will never own a people carrier but I'd like the suggestions from the VT community. Its got to be reasonably efficient and ideally an estate...

GO!!

Lexus 450h all the way, if your Mrs is the main driver she'll love it

• 1 month later...

Jaguar to release an SUV

likely to look like this

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset

think they needed to hire the Evoque designers and make it a bit more stylish ...

Not sure if serious? That is one stylish car and will have the best off road capability LR can offer with all the refinement of a Jaguar. I'd have one tomorrow.

Â