Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

Id really like to see some changes in the team for this game.

I just think 3 really hard games in a week is too much.

Id start with Tonev for Weimann and put Sylla in for one of the central 3.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okore to start please

I expect at least a draw

This is Liverpool without Suarez he was the difference at VP last season and without him i think they are there for the taking

Hopefully the ref will even it up after Kevin Enemy's performance against Chelsea

Okore in for Clark is the only change I'd make.

Just as Okore should keep his place, I think it'll be up to players to earn their way into or out of the team. At the moment, no one deserves dropping.

Okore in for Clark is the only change I'd make.

Just as Okore should keep his place, I think it'll be up to players to earn their way into or out of the team. At the moment, no one deserves dropping.

This is how I see it as well. Even though three games against good opposition in seven days is pretty tough, It shouldn't be a problem this early in the season.

How much attendance could we expect for this game? Would be great if we could get 40000+ on the first home game of the season, but I doubt it. Maybe 37-38000 is more realistic?

Need to give Liverpool a good hiding tbh. If we play like we did against Chelsea it should be doable. I don't see the ref being this bad again and we should be able to boss Coutinho and Aspas pretty easily as they're small and not lightening quick.

Okore in. Want to see Tonev on as well but that might open us up too much but I certainly feel the team can take Liverpool.

I think Liverpool have been slightly over rated in the past year and their fans have expectations that are a little high. They have a great squad and it'll be no walkover but if we perform with the energy and persistence as we have against Arsenal and Chelsea there's no reason we can't get something from this game. Unless Liverpool play a blinder that is. They looked good against Stoke last week and probably could have scored a few more.

Head says draw, stomach says win.

There'll be goals in this one. Their defence doesn't seem as sturdy as Chelseas. Their midfield will cause problems though and I think Coutinho, Aspas and Sturridge will need to be kept quiet. Sylla would be good for this match but it wouldn't really be fair to drop KEA. Maybe a 60th minute appearance from Sylla if fit to keep energy up in the middle of the park.

3-2 Villa.

I'd love to burst their bubble

After a scrappy win over Stoke their fans reckon this is their year again

To be fair they looked quite good against Stoke and should have scored a few more goals. I don't think they're any worse than Arsenal at the moment. We should be able to win but it wont be easy.

Haha yea i got that impression too, gotta laugh

Ill be up the boozer Saturday for this one hopefully with nice weather, id like to see the following starting XI

-----------------Guzan--------------

Lowton - Okore - Vlaar - Luna

-------------------Sylla--------------

--------Westwood - Delph-------

Tonev------------------------Agbonlahor

------------------Benteke-----------

Haha yea i got that impression too, gotta laugh

Ill be up the boozer Saturday for this one hopefully with nice weather, id like to see the following starting XI

-----------------Guzan--------------

Lowton - Okore - Vlaar - Luna

-------------------Sylla--------------

--------Westwood - Delph-------

Tonev------------------------Agbonlahor

------------------Benteke-----------

Exactly .. That's the team I'd go with tbh ..

Maybe I'd put it :

Westwood ..

Sylla - Delph ..

Anyway from what I saw Saturday .. Liverpool are a hard team t play .. We need to stop Sturridge , Aspas and Coutinho .. Not forgetting Henderson who scored against us last time !

We to close our area as we did in our last two games ! And try to not let them score early !