New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

Last week I got this email from Russell Jones who is Head of Marketing and Communications at Villa

BQ1sIDnCcAA3f-Z.jpg

So in response to the email what do you want in a kit in terms of colours and design but more importantly what design features would you like, this can include a message on the inside of the badge, some embossing like the prepared this season or something on the collar

I will send an email next week with all the response, no idea what will come of it but I did send a design similar to this years home kit, not saying it had an affect.

I did 3 away designs earlier, to get some ideas

BROnb4ACUAA9jp7.png

BRO4dhzCcAA_yo8.png

BRPBgUrCMAASkZO.png

I will be working on some home kits this weekend

• Like 1

Second one looks ok, the others are a bit marmite.

I don't mind this seasons personally, but have never really attached too much importance to away kits. Be way more interested to see the home.

Cool stuff Imarsha! I like all the kits there but I hate claret shorts. The black top is very nice indeed and that blue kit looks great as whole. The white is probably my least favourite, looks a little 'weak' compared to the others in the sense that I can imagine us playing crap wearing it.

Also, for a head of marketing and communication his grammar is atrocious! He's put 'there' instead of 'their' and wouldn't the kit designs be for the 14/15 season not the 13/14 as we are in that now?

i W

Cool stuff Imarsha! I like all the kits there but I hate claret shorts. The black top is very nice indeed and that blue kit looks great as whole. The white is probably my least favourite, looks a little 'weak' compared to the others in the sense that I can imagine us playing crap wearing it.

Also, for a head of marketing and communication his grammar is atrocious! He's put 'there' instead of 'their' and wouldn't the kit designs be for the 14/15 season not the 13/14 as we are in that now?

I was thinking about that

Number 1 is amazing, number 3 is good but not a fan of number 2.

As for the Home kit i quite like simple, smart kits. i remember the Lazio style shirt going down well:

Q1MmEnJ.png

If we had a shirt similar to Lazios last season I would literally spaff my way to the Villa store to buy one.

• Like 3

Here we go again. Guess what? I'm a boring old fart, so I'll come out with what I always say to this sort of marketing hoo-hah: 

Shirt - claret body, light blue sleeves. No sponsor (I can dream).

Shorts - white

Socks - light blue

Away: 

White shirt. Shorts and socks can be claret or blue. 

That's it. No need to change it thereafter. 

Yeah, right...

• Like 2

All those are better than the shite that was produced last year and this season, IMO of course :)

Rather than send a million kit templates, why don't we all discuss key features and elements that we would all like. More likely they will listen to us that way and it would show a majority voted opinion.

Maybe keep things categorised also, such as:

Faults:

- Macron men peeling.

Ideas:

- Keep socks predominantly one solid colour.

- Claret or blue shorts.

We could also vote on preferred kit 'templates', in regards to collar design and such. For example many of us like the Lazio kit template, many of us don't like the AZ Alkmaar template (with the half collar).

Edited by samjp26