AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Not sure if this topic has been tried before but AVTV is a pretty big deal for many of us overseas.

So to make this topical, Lambert is the latest person who looks like he is going to smack Jack Woodward.

In todays post match briefing Woodward decides to start talking about the weather just after talking about the army, Lambert looks at him like he is a complete idiot, then smiles in the same way a cat smiles before killing a mouse, then just changes the subject back to the game.

I swear he is just going to smack Woodward soon.

(sorry if this is OT mods, please lock if it is).

I think it's plainly obvious that PL does not suffer fools gladly and JW is seen very much as a fool in his eyes. I thought PL was pretty harsh on JW during the End of Season Awards too - he gave him threaders during his speach!

JW appears to be a very nice guy, but a buffoon whilst doing his job. His commentary style and questioning are cringeworthy too often and I dread to think what players/new signings think when he interviews them.

I think he tries his best and tries to make it 'entertaining' for everyone - let's face it, over the last few seasons there's been little to smile about!

• Like 2

It is true. I dont mind JW's mindless optimism, in fact I like that.

What annoys the crap out of me is he gets access to the players and Lambert WEEKLY. Think about what he could ask them? "Paul I noticed to you had Westwood dropping a little deeper than normal today, why was that?" , "Andreas, you were playing more centrally today, how does that alter your game?"

They are just made up questions but Woodward almost always just asks some cringeworthy idiocy instead.

• Like 1

Crap video editing, an annoying reporter/commentator, relatively crap content.

I'd be more interested if they offered more games, even if it was just a chance for us to see/follow the youngsters.

Also, does anybody know if we outsource those who put it together? Or do we actually hire the AVTV team in house?

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

poor bloke just trying to do a job. I dont mind him. I dont have AVTV but i have seen enough of him and he just tries to make things positive (last few years there hasnt been much of it).

• Like 1

I like the guys 'never say die' kind of rhetoric, but to be truthful he does cover the real issues with a lot of blather..

AVTV, though, is a complete mess imo. I only live down South West, yet the coverage is usually pretty hit or miss. I've lost live cover of several games last season and had to rely on second hand reports off of the VT match thread. What am I paying for?

It is true. I dont mind JW's mindless optimism, in fact I like that.

What annoys the crap out of me is he gets access to the players and Lambert WEEKLY. Think about what he could ask them? "Paul I noticed to you had Westwood dropping a little deeper than normal today, why was that?" , "Andreas, you were playing more centrally today, how does that alter your game?"

They are just made up questions but Woodward almost always just asks some cringeworthy idiocy instead.

that JW is a fan, working on a shoestring budget isn't in doubt. As to how you react to him I guess it's personal but I end up wanting to damage myself and things around me after 5 minutes of listening to him. It's genuinely dangerous for me to listen to his interviews ;)

Even though the fee is quite low, the quality is poor and there is very little content.The editing reminds me of stuff we did at the media lab as kids back in school.
And nothing personal towards JW but he comes off as a complete tool. "And the sun is coming out today Paul(or something like that)". Some of the questions he asks just feels uncomfortable to me as a viewer. It's a dead certain face palm when he opens his mouth.

AVTV itself consist of poor editing. Very limited content, it's pretty much an "exclusive" interview with a new player that comes in. And that's what they offer, and the interview itself is pretty poorly done. There's close to zero coverage of the youth team(which other club tv's got). They rarely cover friendlies. When they do cover something, theres something that goes wrong, either the video or audio feed.

For me AVTV is a way of supporting the club. But I'm pretty sure I'll cancel my subscription. AVTV is stoneage compared to other club tvs.

• Like 1

I agree he's  a bit corny and cheesy, but I can deal with him. 

He could learn to ask different questions like a poster above demonstrated, however I think some of the players could struggle with the mental capacity to answer how playing in a different position alters there game. Note i said "some" not all. Some would be completely capable of answering.

I agree he's  a bit corny and cheesy, but I can deal with him. 

He could learn to ask different questions like a poster above demonstrated, however I think some of the players could struggle with the mental capacity to answer how playing in a different position alters there game. Note i said "some" not all. Some would be completely capable of answering.

I'm far more annoyed with the content then Jack Woodward himself. He just needs to turn it down a notch or two and he'd be fine.

Â