Life on Earth

Civilisation

The Ascent of Man

Alastair Cook's America

The Civil War

and...

51OVJbwdioL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

I have a bit of a fascination about Ancient Egypt so I tend to watch anything related to it

Was a  really good one a few years back  where they used hieroglyphs on the temple of Karnak to date certain events in the old testament  .... right story , wrong characters in effect  .. 

CovePoster2.jpg

One scene in particular destroyed me, emotionally. Humans can be so shit. I won't watch it again but I recommend it, in fact I think it should be shown in schools.

and children encouraged to shoot Japanese people

Ok , I jest .... but their attitude to Whales and Dolphins is appalling

CovePoster2.jpg

A very interesting story from O' Barry's life and the things that lead him to make the decisions he has in his life. 

grizzly_man.jpg

A remarkable film.

These two quotes sum it up for me. The first one from Herzog and the second from Treadwell himself,

And what haunts me, is that in all the faces of all the bears that Treadwell ever filmed, I discover no kinship, no understanding, no mercy. I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature. To me, there is no such thing as a secret world of the bears. And this blank stare speaks only of a half-bored interest in food. But for Timothy Treadwell, this bear was a friend, a savior.

I'm in love with my animal friends. I'm in love with my animal friends! In love with my animal friends. I'm very, very troubled. It's very emotional. It's probably not cool even looking like this. I'm so in love with them, and they're so f-ed over, which so sucks.

Off the top of my head:

When We Were Kings (Ali / Forman Boxing / epic)

Undefeated (Feel good, High School American Football tale)

Fire In Babylon (The rise of the West Indies cricket team of the 70s & 80s)

We Jam Econo: The Story of The Minutemen (Story of US Post Punk outfit, The Minutemen)

The World At War (The complete history of WWII)

Standing In The Shadows of Motown (The story of Motown's house band, The Funk Brothers)

I'm sure more will occur to me.

Â