Elliott Bennett (Norwich City)

abdomlahor

Paul Lambert could be bucking the trend of his summer transfer work so far by buying British as he returns to Norwich City for midfielder Elliott Bennett.

So far during this close season, the Scot has shunned domestic purchases in favour of overseas targets.

But it appears that the final piece of Lambert's jigsaw could be closer to home than the five signings he has made since the season's end.

article-0-19DFCA04000005DC-44_634x448.jp

Reunion: Paul Lambet is hoping to sign Elliott Bennett (left) from his former club

He intends to return to Carrow Road for the midfielder who has only one year to run on his present contract with the Canaries.

Bennett has played in 56 league games for Norwich since his move in the summer of 2011 when they were promoted to the Premier League.

So far Lambert's acquisitions have included Aleksandar Tonev for £2.5m from Lech Poznan, Jores Okore from Nordsjaelland, Leandro Bacuna from Groningen, Nicklas Helenius from Aalborg and Antonio Luna from Sevilla.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2345989/Paul-Lambert-look-home-shores-hopes-reunion-Norwichs-Bennett.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Don't know much about him to be honest.

Rubbish player.

I don't believe for one moment that you've seen enough of him to say this. I've read a number of Norwich fans' opinions and they seem to generally agree that he's a decent player.

That's because Norwich are Crap!

Only an average player, we need someone better.

• Like 1

Rubbish player.

If Lambert rates him that is good enough for me.  He has worked with this player so with due respect I would value Lambert's opinion over yours.

You do that pal. 

Lambert's made shit signings in the past, hes no saint. 

Its a bs rumour anyway... 

I think Lambo just likes players called Bennett. Weren't there like 3 at Norwich?

There was 3 on the pitch in the home game against them. One for us (joe), two for them (ryan, elliot)

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â