GoPro or equivalent action cameras... anybody use one?

b23avfc

So my mind is spinning with the potential of using a gopro or ion air action camera. I've also read about the liquid ego and contour roam...

I want to see who has experience with them? They look verrrrrrrrrrrrry fun.

I have a GoPro for Snowboarding, i dont really see people using anything else in the park these days, Giving it to my mum as my parentsw are sailing round the world this year.

Highly recomended!

No personal experience, but they seem to have became something of an industry standard in the last year or so. A couple of websites I visit swear by them, and just recently GoPro have released an app which means you can control their camera from an iPhone.

I ordered the white edition. Then realised that'd take ages and have ordered a silver edition from elsewhere. Just trying to learn the editing stuff now. Well.. ready for when I actually get the camera.

• 1 year later...

I've promised the Mrs one of these as her anniversary present.  Will come in handy when we go to Brazil.  Anyone have any experience of using it?  I've read up on it and it seems pretty straightforward to use.  Need to think about which mounts to get now!

I've promised the Mrs one of these as her anniversary present.  Will come in handy when we go to Brazil.  Anyone have any experience of using it?  I've read up on it and it seems pretty straightforward to use.  Need to think about which mounts to get now!

Anniversary mounts?  ^_^

In all seriousness, GoPro's are great but it depends what you want to use it for. One of the funnest things I did with one is put it on the end of a baseball bat to get some 'violent' shots as part of a project.

The main difference is that the Black edition does 4k, nothing else does.

Other than that it's a 12mp camera, silver has 11. And I understand the lens is slightly better, but only one review claimed that.

I (and lots of other people) didn't need 4k or the extra 1mp on the camera so I paid £100 less for the silver edition.

• 1 month later...

This is an interesting market now. There are a couple of decent Chinese GoPro clones that seem to produce comparable results.

There's also a mini Blackmagic camera.

Blackmagic are blurring the lines between consumer and pro broadcast gear, their baby is a very impressive beast.

mm36vr.jpg

My son uses a GoPro for his Karting and he also when he runs his tuned Mk1 Fiesta at Santa Pod. The camera is easily adaptable for both uses and produces some fantastic videos. He swears by it.

• 1 month later...

My son uses a GoPro for his Karting and he also when he runs his tuned Mk1 Fiesta at Santa Pod. The camera is easily adaptable for both uses and produces some fantastic videos. He swears by it.

Which one does he use?

It's my cousin's 30th coming up and our family are buying him a Go Pro as he wants one (he does a lot of Karting too and wants one for that)

So i've been given responsibility of finding one for him, but I know the square root of **** all about go pros (or cameras in general) so looking for suggestions

Â