coda

Looks like the Chelsea players have had enough of AVB...bit of a row the other day after training, apparently. RA got involved in the arguing, too. I'd loved to have witnessed that one :lol:

RA sacked Ancelotti for AVB, so he's kind of painted himself into a corner.

And why did they buy Gary Cahill only to let him rot on the bench?

Torres is a has-been, it's all over for him, at least in England.

Mata got off to a blazing start, but he's gone awfully quiet since...

An aging team going nowhere fast, IMO....

I love it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similarities to our season, however they are in a proper season of transition whereas we just have a shit manager. Once they clear out the old guard (Terry, Fat Frank, Drogba, Malouda etc...) I think they'll start to do well under AVB if he is given the chance of course.

Has RA got the stomach for another rebuild? He invested heavily at the start then has really left them ticking over (apart from the mega waste on Torres). He really needs to add 3 or 4 £30m players to get them going again. He needs to get rid of Terry first IMO, he's past it and has too much of a controlling influence on the dressing room.

I think most people were surprised they signed Cahill, maybe he has only been signed as backup? It'll be interesting to see how it pans out over the next few months.

not AVB fault, some of the players are passed it like Drogba, Lampard and Cole or just pure rubbish like Cech, Luiz and Torres.

He has bought well for future in Mata, Courtois and Romeu and also has Sturridge and Ramires playing well and given time he could turn around

We'll release them from their AVB nightmare!

haha, yep, I'd take him in heartbeat

ISTR that before Chelsea came in he was asked about the Villa job and he said he would be interested.

Provided he wants to stay in England, I don't think it's out of the question for us to get him. But it would cost.

It's the tail wagging the dog there I'm afraid

The sooner they get shot of terry cole cech lampard and drogba the better

AVB doesn't stand a chance with that bunch around calling all the shots

We'll release them from their AVB nightmare!

haha, yep, I'd take him in heartbeat

ISTR that before Chelsea came in he was asked about the Villa job and he said he would be interested.

Provided he wants to stay in England, I don't think it's out of the question for us to get him. But it would cost.

Didn't Ancelloti show some interest before he realised it was a cost cutting mission rather than a table climbing one?

not AVB fault, some of the players are passed it like Drogba, Lampard and Cole or just pure rubbish like Cech, Luiz and Torres.

He has bought well for future in Mata, Courtois and Romeu and also has Sturridge and Ramires playing well and given time he could turn around

Romeu is utter crap imo.

Romeu is utter crap imo.

He's always looked good when I've seen him play.

Romeu is utter crap imo.

Far from crap.. he is a good player.

Some strange views and opinions here. I think Chelsea are in a massive period of transition and, like us with Houllier, AVB is trying to do quite a lot within a short space of time in terms of how Chelsea play tactically. I think Roman and the fans would accept not winning the league this year (and probably next) but will still expect to qualify for the Champions League, which is proving quite a challenge now.

However, I think Torres is far from 'past it' - in fact he's been one of their best players over the last few weeks imo. He's lost some of his pace, but he's still pretty sharp and once he starts taking his chances again he'll be an invaluable asset. He works well with Mata, who is also playing well. Sturridge is also good but needs to look up a little more at times.

I don't understand how anyone can describe Romeu as 'utter crap', either. He's looked solid when he's played, and still has a lot to learn. He'll only get better. Once Chelsea buy a truly dynamic, creative midfielder to play in there too (alongside Romeu and Essien/Meireles/Lampard) they'll be much more of an attacking force.

Defensively, they have been a bit of a shambles. AVB, to some extent, is still sticking to his high pressure and high line tactics. Terry has been left totally exposed by David Luiz countless times, which has made him have to work even harder and be more aware of potential gaps in the defence. Personally, I think David Luiz would be much better at right-back. Cahill has also been brought in and has essentially replaced Alex, but I think he'll find his way into the team sooner rather than later. I'm unsure whether he'll actually make it as a top European defender, but he's certainly a decent player. He and David Luiz (despite frequent suspect decisions at the back) are both very good with the ball at their feet, which will be beneficial. As for Cech, I think his confidence has taken a hit, partially due to the fact that he can't trust the defence in front of him.

Chelsea will be back, particularly if the result of the recent court case favours Abramovich - I can see him going on one more huge spending spree. Whether this will be presided over by AVB, I don't know - with CL qualification, he may well keep the job. However, with Hiddink available, and possibly Mourinho at the end of the season, I could see Roman pulling the trigger either way and letting one of those oversee the final (but nevertheless huge) stage of the Chelsea transformation. Indeed, if they are successful and do move to a new stadium before too long, they have the potential to be right back up there with the Manchester clubs (and Spurs, if they can keep up their form over the long term). They're lucky that Arsenal and Liverpool are misfiring though (and that we've been on such a downward spiral), or their short term future could be looking pretty bleak.

Â