Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

I think the fact he went white haired very early - seeing as he was all white 20 years ago when I watched Jim'll Fix it and all those cigars probably didn't lend him an air of youth!

A sad loss. Used to love the show. And he ran over 200 marathons - not bad at all.

There a far too many people,in my opinion, given the sobriquet "legend", "national treasure" etc but to any (older) pop music fan Jimmy Savile really was. The BBC website reports that he started his career as a Radio 1 DJ; this is tripe; he was a DJ on Radio Luxembourg before Radio 1 was dreamt of. His programme "Teen and Twenty Disc Club" was essential listening for the youth of the 60's (me !)

He was also a keen cycling fan and I met him at a fund raising dinner in Bradford. Although a tad on the eccentric side he was a really down-to-earth geezer and chatted to all the blokes there. Ran marathons, as Rodders said, for Stoke Mandeville; top bloke.

RIP

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

He was unquestionably dodgy, IMO.

There could be some very interesting stuff come out now he's dead. Just by chance a couple of months ago I found myself looking at some of the allegations against him. One trail led to another and the is some seriously nasty stuff doing the rounds about him. If only a fraction of it is true then he was an absolute scumbag, whatever charity stuff he did.

The word seems to be that the press have a lot of dirt on him that they wouldn't/couldn't use. It may be that now there is no longer a threat of legal action we will get to find out if what many people suspected or alleged about him was actually true.

I beat him in the 1982 London Marathon, the legendary cigar wielding bastard.

There you go, fixed it for youuuuuu! Dat da daaaaaaaaa.....Now then, now then *jingly jangly*

There you go

You missed something.

Wonder if they will show again the "When Louis met..." episode?

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

He was unquestionably dodgy, IMO.

There could be some very interesting stuff come out now he's dead. Just by chance a couple of months ago I found myself looking at some of the allegations against him. One trail led to another and the is some seriously nasty stuff doing the rounds about him. If only a fraction of it is true then he was an absolute scumbag, whatever charity stuff he did.

The word seems to be that the press have a lot of dirt on him that they wouldn't/couldn't use. It may be that now there is no longer a threat of legal action we will get to find out if what many people suspected or alleged about him was actually true.

He had apparently a long-standing injunction. You are right that there is some unquestionably sordid things being said about him (given the rumours, stories, pictures, etc) but I don't think that this is the thread for it. Only if there is proper evidence and when the X person repeated what Y person repeated what Z person said etc is removed then we can really pass judgement.

That said, I have been :o at some of the things (having a quick search on the net) also.

Â