Brad Guzan

R.Bear

• 1 month later...

Best and worst of Brad today. Some great saves, but he was completely to blame for the 3rd goal and at least partially to blame for their first. He's probably a little rusty, though, he's not played much since last season ended.

In all our pre season games our keepers have played it short instead of launching it.  Given is by far the best of the keepers with his passing, Brad is pretty bad and I won't be surprised if he makes a few cock ups during the season but he is still our best keeper and made some top saves tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Howard had a great World Cup, and by that I mean made a mistake but then pulled off a Worldy, guess which one made the headline...

Not sure at his age, but maybe with his stature, that he can afford to take a year off, haven't yank land got the special copa America anniversary tournament coming up?

• 2 weeks later...

Brad does more harm there than any of the Hull City 'tackles'.

Would love to know what he is saying to him.

One thing about this Villa side/squad, they are together and look like they will stick up for each other its a real team not a side of individuals which you suspect some others are like Newcastle or QPR.

That's the benefit of having a vastly more experienced team I think. You only have to see how they all charged in when Jelavic fouled him that they are all looking out for each other and especially the young guys like Jack.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 2

I think the experience in that particular moment helped certainly but I think it is about more than just experience.

I think its down the type of players or the character of those players, plus I think the young players are very much together after the last couple of years.

Despite what people think and claim, the players have always been behind the manager as well.

But that spirit with the experience should really help us this season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â