Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Exactly. And all the talk of us hyping our own players, but we also put our own players under the microscope a lot more too.

And VT has a history of being incredibly harsh on keepers, so for Guzan to be rated as highly as he is is a pretty good sign in my book!

• Like 1

Look at this from Cech, who I feel is the best one in the league

Around the 2:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v51Oe35zgfs

??  Shortly after the 2:50 mark Cech gets beaten from distance.

But never mind the goalkeeping, who is #20 on Norway.   He's got tasty skills.   Sign him up.

Has been unlucky the last couple of games. Looks bad on him that we've conceded 8 but in fairness, he couldn't have done much about any of them. Horrendously exposed by our non-existent defence

Cech hasn't been the same since his head injury IMO, he's pretty overrated. 

off topic but I think if anything Cech is lazy, if Chelsea were playing Bayern or Barcelona he would bring his best performances but if was playing a mid table team like Stoke or West Ham he doesn't seem to put same effort in

Cech hasn't been the same since his head injury IMO, he's pretty overrated. 

off topic but I think if anything Cech is lazy, if Chelsea were playing Bayern or Barcelona he would bring his best performances but if was playing a mid table team like Stoke or West Ham he doesn't seem to put same effort in

Petr Cech was pretty much the best keeper in the league last season, alongside De Gea. So overrated and lacks focus for lesser games? Not in my book!

Cech made probably the best save I saw last season (from Hernandez header from 5 yards out) which just edged out Guzan keeping out Samba's header.

He's not at the level he was for his first 2 seasons at Chelsea but still pretty consistant even if he gets beaten a lot at the near post these days. Think of the two Benteke has scored past him. Infact even the Delph shot I think a few keepers in the league would've moved their feet quicker and tipped that round the post.

That's a big decision for Chelsea coming up isn't it as Courtois is a brilliant young keeper and Chelsea don't have a great record with young players they let out on loan with Sturridge and now talk of Luakaku being sold.

Has been unlucky the last couple of games. Looks bad on him that we've conceded 8 but in fairness, he couldn't have done much about any of them. Horrendously exposed by our non-existent defence

Not saying he has been at fault, but he hasn't been any better than our defense either.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Guzan and he has been mostly awesome, but lets hope the new coaches tell him to:

STOP HOOFING THE BALL STRAIGHT BACK TO THE OPPOSITION

ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS NO CENTRAL STRIKER TO HOLD THE BALL UP 

BENTEKE IS INJURED ........ STOP

I KNOW IT WORKED ONCE WITH WEIMANN BUT THAT WAS 1 IN 500 AND KOZAK WAS THERE TO ALMOST FLICK IT ON!!!! 

Disappointing to see an old dog like him make a rookie mistake like that in an all important game when we had just equalized.

Vlaar, you mean?

Vlaar lost the ball, but there really is no excuse for being beaten from that distance.

Â