Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He had a pretty shit season. Imo was one of the worst keepers in the PL. But if we can bring in a new keeper that can push Guzan we would see the guzan from a couple years ago. 

Guzan was 10th in the league for shut outs, 7th in saves, and top 10 in save percentage. Guzan actually allowed the same about of goals as Lloris did and Lloris only played 1 more match than Guzan. Guzan was far from shit. He has one poor match that's it. That's all people remember. Guzan had a very strong first half of the season. 

Guzan's "poor" season still had him top 10 in almost all goal keeping stats. 

Not trying to be smart but how did De Gea match up in those stats? Or Courtois.

He had a pretty shit season. Imo was one of the worst keepers in the PL. But if we can bring in a new keeper that can push Guzan we would see the guzan from a couple years ago. 

Guzan was 10th in the league for shut outs, 7th in saves, and top 10 in save percentage. Guzan actually allowed the same about of goals as Lloris did and Lloris only played 1 more match than Guzan. Guzan was far from shit. He has one poor match that's it. That's all people remember. Guzan had a very strong first half of the season. 

Not trying to be smart but how did De Gea match up in those stats? Or Courtois.

Courtois was 5th in clean sheets, and De Gea was 8th. Courtois allowed 30 gaols and De Gea 36 goals last season. I can also show saves and save percentage, but for teams of Chelsea's and United's caliber, they typically see less shots than a team like Everton. 

your argument was dead with the term shut outs ;)

its a god damn clean sheet

Sorry I've been watching a lot of NHL in the past 2 months. I also think shut out sounds  cooler than clean sheet tbh. 

Sorry I've been watching a lot of FOOTBALL in the past FOREVER. I also think CLEAN SHEET sounds  BETTER than clean sheet tbh. 

Fixed

Stats like that don't indicate a fudge punch clear against West Brom that lead to the Gardner winner....letting a Konchesky shot squirm past him for Leicester's winner, kicking the ball against Gomis that he was very lucky to get away with and then it happening for real against Aguero and City.

Believe me I'm a big Guzan fan, my posts on this thread indicate this but I can't believe anyone who watched last season couldn't see his standards dipped a bit for a variety of reasons.

Hence I agreed with him being taken out of the firing line for a bit. Long term future depends on who the new keeper is, if it's not Begovic standard I'd stick with Brad tbh and hope the rest has done him good, mentally more than anything.

• Like 1

Stats like that don't indicate a fudge punch clear against West Brom that lead to the Gardner winner....letting a Konchesky shot squirm past him for Leicester's winner, kicking the ball against Gomis that he was very lucky to get away with and then it happening for real against Aguero and City.

Believe me I'm a big Guzan fan, my posts on this thread indicate this but I can't believe anyone who watched last season couldn't see his standards dipped a bit for a variety of reasons.

Hence I agreed with him being taken out of the firing line for a bit. Long term future depends on who the new keeper is, if it's not Begovic standard I'd stick with Brad tbh and hope the rest has done him good, mentally more than anything.

I totally agree with this statement. Hopefully we can get a new GK to push him further that Given has done. 

MOTM apparently, even though it was a 4-0 win for USA.

I watched first half and Guatemala barely crossed the halfway line so find that hard to believe.

He's had a dip in form but he's not that bad that he's going to cost us a goal every game he plays. I'd have no issue if he's back as number one first game. Hopefully getting a better defensive unit infront of him might solve a few problems.

He made a handful of saves against Guatemala. Guatemala did have chances. It ended 4-0 because Guzan came out and collected dangerous balls, and made a few good saves. I'd say give Guatemala some credit because it was a very competitive match till the end when they started attacking and USA exposed them on the counter. 

I don't think what Guzan does in a no-mark tournament against a bunch of minnows will prove anything either way.

Edited by Isa

Plus there is Costa Rica who is top 20 in the world. Panama and Honduras are also decent. Yea half the tournament is filled with nations that are pretty bad at football, but the last 2-3 matches are typically good. 

MOTM apparently, even though it was a 4-0 win for USA.

Brad Guzan 6/10 – Had one or two moments where his rustiness seemed to show but came up with some big saves as well to preserve the clean sheet.

DeAndre Yedlin 7.5/10 – Given the start in midfield, the Tottenham Hotspur man looked confident on the ball and created the opening 20th-minute goal after sending a quick cross into the box which Carlos Castrillo headed past his own goalkeeper. Also provided the assist for Chandler’s second-half goal with a cutback pass to cap an impressive night.

Michael Bradley 7/10 – Impressed again in his new role as captain, driving the team forward constantly and winning a 71st-minute penalty for deposed skipper Dempsey to convert. A promising sign for the weeks ahead.

Clint Dempsey 6.5/10 – Looked sharp despite coming off a three-game suspension and finished his spot-kick with a sublime panenka.

Edited by Texas_Mike

Sorry I've been watching a lot of NHL in the past 2 months. I also think shut out sounds cooler than clean sheet tbh.
True clean sheets sounds like he's using toilet paper and by the sounds of it he didn't have many so he had a crap game Edited by nazvfc

Â