Brad Guzan

R.Bear

probably wouldnt have made a difference to end result

Never know, Guzan's taller and more agile than Friedel and we've seen him save looping headers like Rooney's goal a few times now.

He possibly might have tipped the Owen shot round the post although that was very well placed in the corner.

To me it's academic as Guzan back then was miles from the standard he is now apart from penalty saving.

I have a fear that Sherwood will go with Given in goal as he know him from his Blackburn days. I know he shouldn't and I wouldn't want him to but I have that thought in the back of my head and it won't go away.

Guzan is better in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

If being very harsh and it would be very harsh, he could have demanded somebody get on the line for the corner

Incredibly unlikely that that would be his decision to make.

If being very harsh and it would be very harsh, he could have demanded somebody get on the line for the corner but not at fault for anything else

You'd think the coaching staff would be the ones ordering players to get on the posts, but I guess, in the absence of one, Brad could've done it.

I think we could get a better keeper if we stayed up. His distribution is pretty poor, and I just don't think he's all that. He'd be an excellent backup. 

like who? Manuel Neuer

Guzan is a good keeper and one of top in the league and we are a team fighting relegation. Who could we get that is better. If Guzan was better with his feet he would be in a better team now

Edited by Zatman

Â