Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I don't care about the owner.

Well that's good. But I do and it was a big part of my reasoning. You don't get to ignore the parts of my reason to suit your argument. I told you why.

Several other players have also defended the manager, so your answer of "no other players have said it" doesn't work.

Why? Because you say so? Brilliant.

Have any other players told us we can't criticise the owner AND the manager?

So you've admitted it's difficult for Guzan, you've been asked 5 times to give an alternative that he could have said and you still can't come up with anything.

So what was Brad meant to do when asked the question?

I don't care. Is it impossible for him not to tell us we can't criticise the owner AND manager? He has no other choices when speaking to the press?

But like I said after telling us we can't criticise the owner last year and now this now he's gone down in my books. Superb player though.

I might be missing it, but I can't see any mention of the owner in the article at all. Was there another version of it?

But like I said after telling us we can't criticise the owner last year and now this now he's gone down in my books. Superb player though.

I might be missing it, but I can't see any mention of the owner in the article at all. Was there another version of it?

He said it last season.

He has other choices. He could say no comment, which would be odd. Probably wouldn't be looked upon favourably by his employers.

He could say he disapproves of the owner/manager and probably be dropped, or cause a feud or whatever.

Or he could defend his employers. Just like I would if I was being interviewed by the media. Just as you would. Just as anybody would, especially a professional athlete who's every word will get overanalysed.

Again, when asked the question, any player in the team would have said the same thing. Any player for any club would.

This is a total non story, and you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

A mountain out of a molehill? My original post simply said I'd gone off him.  Hardly making a mountain out of molehill. 

Edited by DCJonah

Having read the article it sounds like he's blaming himself (despite being one of our best players) rather than anyone else, that kind of attitude has probably played a big part in making him the player that he is.

Edited by useless

He has other choices. He could say no comment, which would be odd. Probably wouldn't be looked upon favourably by his employers.

He could say he disapproves of the owner/manager and probably be dropped, or cause a feud or whatever.

Or he could defend his employers. Just like I would if I was being interviewed by the media. Just as you would. Just as anybody would, especially a professional athlete who's every word will get overanalysed.

Again, when asked the question, any player in the team would have said the same thing. Any player for any club would.

This is a total non story, and you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

A mountain out of a molehill? My original post simply said I'd gone off him. Hardly making a mountain out of molehill.
OK, maybe I used the wrong phrase.

You're going off someone for absolutely no reason.

Which obviously can't be helped. Its your opinion.

But your standards for people are ridiculously high as everyone would have said the same as him.

Just read this thread. My god, some people eh. It's just not worth getting in to a debate with certain people on this site, they clearly don't have emotional reasoning abilities.

Guess that's aimed at me.

I'm fine thanks. All I simply said was I'd gone off him. I'm sure you have different reasons for why you like or dislike certain players, this was one that made me go off Guzan.

Just read this thread. My god, some people eh. It's just not worth getting in to a debate with certain people on this site, they clearly don't have emotional reasoning abilities.

Guess that's aimed at me.

I'm fine thanks. All I simply said was I'd gone off him. I'm sure you have different reasons for why you like or dislike certain players, this was one that made me go off Guzan.

Christian Benteke once said that he liked Paul Lambert :o :o :o

Just sayin'.

• 4 weeks later...

Great read, I love Guzan, one of the few plus points of the last few years.

It was very different back then, 5 years ago. Guzan was very shaky in both legs against Blackburn and I think most on here expected Friedel to play and I wasn't surprised to see Guzan dropped.

No problem now if we fluke our way to the FA cup final.

Â