wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

True.

I don't really watch any La Liga, so i'm at the mercy of anyone who does.

In terms of effectiveness you cant question Ronaldo. But people talk about Xavi as being the best in his position of all time, can the same be said for Ronaldo?

True.

I don't really watch any La Liga, so i'm at the mercy of anyone who does.

In terms of effectiveness you cant question Ronaldo. But people talk about Xavi as being the best in his position of all time, can the same be said for Ronaldo?

Depends where you think he plays?

As a striker...no, that goes to the other Ronaldo.

As an attacking midfielder...maybe.

Ronaldo.

I've never been sure that Messi would quite take to a much more physical league.

I also think he benefits immeasurably from how good Barca are. Messi in a team like ours in our league in this moment in time would be good, but I think Ronaldo in the same situation would be a greater success.

It'd be a closer cut thing if we were talking about Messi being in Manchester Uniteds side.

I say all that as a guy who doesn't like Ronaldo but appreciates his ability.

I'd say he's the best attacking midfielder the Premiership has ever seen. Maybe even La Liga. But not the World cup, mind you, neither is Messi in fairness.

Who is then? Im intrigued...

On World Cup form over the last World Cup alone?

Sneijder

Failing that, Iniesta.

Over the history of the World Cup?

Maradonna / Pele

Messi for me. Ronaldo is a great player but Messi creates and finishes and is more clinical in big games.

Ronaldo will always be an arrogant showpony who is in it for himself and not a team player

Well if it's for my team (which would be Villa). I'd definitely pick Ronaldo. I'm not sure Messi can adapt to the Premier League the way Ronaldo did.

Whilst I went for Messi as the clear winner in terms of who the better player is, I agree here. Ronaldo would be far more effective for Villa than Messi. I'd argue that a number of players would be.

Messi for me, but in contrast to other posters, i think it most certainly is close.

I'd happily admit that Ronaldo might suit our league better (as he's proven), but based ontheir performances in la liga, i'd have to pick Messi.

I still think Ronaldo is a better all round player. He's tall, strong good in the air better in so many areas of the game that suits the English game more.

Although Messi is the best player in the world right now, it helps he is playing in the best team with Xavi and Iniesta around him. Ronaldo is sort of dragging Madrid to keep up.

I would rather Bale than both, he's the best player in the world you know.

Â