Dublin

Demitri_C

Very good, but very expensive. Be prepared to spend a lot. I went on a stag do there and it's easily the most expensive night out I've ever had (I reckon I spent at least €300). If you're there for 4 days it won't be cheap!

And if you're going to strip clubs (as it's a stag do) don't expect any minge. It's illegal.

That being said it's a cracking city, very good times to be had.

lombardo

i will be over 14th oct so will be in town for chelsea game! will be up for that!

wheres murrays?

as for stags na no strippers for us done all before probably just some hardcore partying.

bri might go see some culteral things if you can suggest any?

Typically, the Chelsea game is one of our official trips to Villa Park. I believe that's called 'Murphy's Law'. Murrays is at the bottom (Parnell end) of O'Connell Street on the right. There will defo be people there because not everyone can get to VP that day.

bri might go see some culteral things if you can suggest any?
That's a scandalous accusation :P Eh, um, I'll give it some thought. The others might be able to help out too.

Dont go to Temple Bar if you are going drinking. Way too expensive. Try head up George Street and Aungier Street as some good bars on these streets and not as expensive as Temple bar

Good cultural things to visit is Croke Park museum, Guinness/Jameson brewery(only one as both are quite expensive) and we have a lot of museums in city centre as well

Kilmainham Gaol is also quite good culturally speaking. I only did the tour recently and thought it was well worth it. Its a bit out of the city centre though but if your there for 4 days, you could get it in. All about the 1916 rising and that kind of stuff. Also was in movies such as Michael Collins and U2 also shot one of their videos there....

You have to do the Guinness storehouse anyway. Free Guinness at the top which makes it all worthwhile.

This is a good page and a lot of the things I would have suggested you do are in the 'places to see' section. Also 2 of the national museums, one in Kildare Street and one in Merrion Street (directions here) are good.

Dublin City Centre is quite a small area for a city centre so it can be walked from one end to the other without any great effort.

As for drinking. Being Ireland, you will be tripping over pubs. For nightlife you can split the drinking scene into 4 major areas and then there are plenty of other smaller ones. The big areas would be Templebar (obviously). This is the busiest, most lively area. Usually packed and will be full of stags/hens too. But it is (famously) the most expensive area. It has a mixed opinion among the locals but it is ideal for a stags and you'll likely spend a lot of time and money there. Some nice restaurants around there too. Second is the long strip of George's St/Aungier St/Wexford St/Camden St (it's all the one road really). Some really good pubs along there well worth checking out. It's litereally 1 minute from Templebar so you will find yourself there at some point. Third up would be the Grafton St/Kildare St/Dawson St area. Some vehehery fancy expensive pubs around there littered with celebrities. The likes of Cafe en Seine & Ron Black's would be 2 of the fancier (poncier) establishments. I've (literally) tripped over Brian O'Driscoll in Ron Black's before. Can be tricky to get in to some places - particularly if you're an obvious stag party but there's plenty of unpretentious places around there too. Finally there is the Baggot Street area which would mostly have local business types drinking there. The media crowd etc. Again, some nice pubs there but perhaps not the best for a stag do. But in between all them areas there are great pubs and restaurants. Just have a wander around really and follow the vibe/noise/poontang.

I must be honest and say I'm a bit out of touch with which clubs are 'hip' these days but if you want late night madness then Harcourt Street (parallel to the aforementioned Camden Street) has some lively clubs on it. Leeson Street is another street with some clubs worth checking out. Leeson & Harcourt are streets that both lead on to the same square (St. Stephens' Green) which then leads down to Grafton/Dawson/Baggot so as you can see, it's all pretty much linked and you're never too far from the action.

And ALL of the above is only the South side because (and no disrespect to the North siders) if you want to party and have a good time, then you need to be THIS side of the Liffey :) And that's not idle banter. You don't want to be on the North side at night.

but 15 euros to enter so not really a free Guinness. The trick is to talk to barmen and they usually give you a few more pints for free. Had interview there once and had 5 pints after it. Must be why i never got the job

i agree the Jail is brilliant

Dont go to Temple Bar if you are going drinking. Way too expensive.

Seriously Zatman. A foreigner coming to Ireland and you're telling them to avoid the liveliest and most vibrant part of the city? Yes it is expensive but that's because the place is always hopping and nuts. They're here for a good time, not a long time. I don't think they want to be sitting in a quiet pub looking smugly at their €3 pint with the din of music and fun happening off in the distance :P

dont know were you get your €3 pints ;).

No you can find clubs away form Temple Bar with better atmosphere and decent prices. Im actually trying to help a fellow Villa fan.

Only 1 good club in Temple Bar and its called the Mezz the rest are just rubbish.

harcourt Street is good as well as Odeon has 4 euro pints on friday if you are there but has shit music but always packed

Â