The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Gabby15 prefers a rape thread

Pacquiao is a bitch

:D

Incidentally I've started reading that Boxing Confidential book I recommended to you again, get it. It's by Jim Gray, in case you're interested. Also there's 2 books out there on the Tyson rape trial, both are great reading.

Pacquiao is a bitch

Incidentally I've started reading that Boxing Confidential book I recommended to you again, get it. It's by Jim Gray, in case you're interested. Also there's 2 books out there on the Tyson rape trial, both are great reading.

Jim Brady?

I ordered it earlier along with the Teddy Atlas autobiography :lol:

Btw, does the saying 'Void is Void' piss you off as much as it does me :lol:

Pacquiao is a bitch

Jim Brady?

Shit yeah that's it, Jim Brady....it's heavy going in places but if you are serious about being a fighter there's a lot of important lessons to be learnt in there - and you'll learn a lot of interesting stuff about the way things used to be in the mafia controlled days, crazy as hell in places and there's a lot of sob stories in there too, reduced me to tears in places.

Teddy Atlas's autobiography? WHY???

That Thomas Hauser book on Ali is a must must read too, if you ain't read that then you ain't a boxing fan :P I actually felt guilty reading that for what a mean word removed I am at times, wish I had the all round decent nature Ali has.

I've never heard the saying void is void until you just posted it....what's it' supposed to mean?

Pacquiao is a bitch

Jim Brady?

Shit yeah that's it, Jim Brady....it's heavy going in places but if you are serious about being a fighter there's a lot of important lessons to be learnt in there - and you'll learn a lot of interesting stuff about the way things used to be in the mafia controlled days, crazy as hell in places and there's a lot of sob stories in there too, reduced me to tears in places.

That Thomas Hauser book on Ali is a must must read too, if you ain't read that then you ain't a boxing fan :P I actually felt guilty reading that for what a mean word removed I am at times, wish I had the all round decent nature Ali has.

I've never heard the saying void is void until you just posted it....what's it' supposed to mean?

I heard good things about the Atlas book (I hope they weren't talking about an actual **** atlas :? )

Looking forward to working my way through the boxing confidential book. Time to step uo the training and get into the Amateurs so I'll have to decide what kind of a career it'll be :lol: Cherrypicking the money fights most likely 8)

The 'Void is Void' crap is something from the ESB general about Floyd. Pac fans saying it in a serious way makes me cringe but I find it strangely funny at the same time :? :lol:

Looking forward to working my way through the boxing confidential book. Time to step uo the training and get into the Amateurs so I'll have to decide what kind of a career it'll be :lol: Cherrypicking the money fights most likely 8)

What colour leggings to get is the bigger decision. :P

Pink to match the shoe fringe type thingy

Pacquiao is a bitch

Jim Brady?

I heard good things about the Atlas book (I hope they weren't talking about an actual **** atlas :? )

The 'Void is Void' crap is something from the ESB general about Floyd. Pac fans saying it in a serious way makes me cringe but I find it strangely funny at the same time :? :lol:

Let me know if that book is worth reading when you've finished it, might buy it if it's good. I always thought Atlas was an idiot...only a complete moron could have trained Moorer so badly that he lost to Foreman at that stage, I still remember his crap advice for that one :shock: Don't get me wrong I love old George and was delighted when he won, but Moorer and Atlas were pathetic that night.

Give me a shout when you've read confidential, I've got a ton of other boxing books, might be prepared to borrow them and save you a few quid if you like. You have to return them though :twisted:

That's why I've never seen that void is void crap then, I generally avoid the Pac/Mayweather threads, it's repetitive bollocks by 2 sets of equally biased fans. I prefer the Lewis/Klitschko stuff :D

Just watched Marquez v Diaz again. What a fight?!

Reinforces my belief that he would beat Hatton.

Yep, Diaz is a great fighter and anyone who beats him should get lots and lots of credit 8)

Hopefully I'll be able to read the books pretty sharpish, got a bunch of English coursework to do soon :evil: Guess I can read it on the way to training though :)

Â