The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

not seen a thread purely for people to say what gigs concerts or festivals they are going to,

Iif people start using it then it could help others spot something they may have missed or would be interested in going to.

any way

just got my tickets come through for bob dylan next wednesday at the NIA cant wait now man im buzzing

i know he is an old man but he is a proper legend and one of my musical hero's so it should be great

I know he's supposed to be a legend and all that but Dylan grates on me. Heard a show on Planet Rock about him l;ast week, had to turn it off.

I wouldn't watch him if you paid me

I'll be at that one Leemond for my 21st Dylan experience.

Have you seen him before, and especially lately?

It's a very different experience from the Dylan of the sixties and seventies, and a lot slower than the eighties or the nineties when I first saw him. The voice isn't good and he doesn't play much guitar anymore, preferring to stay behind his piano and growl out some fantastic stuff.

I like it, but it's different to the Dylan stuff I listen to at home.

nope ive not seen him before

i'm not going into it expecting it to be a musical masterpeace to be honest i mean he is 68 now aint he

he is just one of those people that, if you love his music and have still got the chance to see him you have to take it

i'm only 24 and missed all the other bands i love (beatles, small faces, kinks, zeppelin, t-rex and queen etc etc) so i dont wanna miss out of seeing dylan

STEELY DAN June 29th NIA. Second time I will have seen them.

For any drummers on here they have a bloke called Keith Carlock in their touring band; check him out - he is ace.

Ive only got the following booked

The Specials @ Birmingham Academy - 26th April

Glastonbury Festival - End of June

Oasis @ Millenium Stadium - 12th June

Depeche Mode @ NEC - 13th December

Open to any other suggestions, gutted i missed Doves at Birmingham Academy last week.

Â