• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

That's a tough choice - I like at least one song by all of them except the Allmans (who I am totally unfamiliar with).
The Allmans are bloody ace, Rob. Try the "Eat A Peach" double album for a good cross-section of their style.

That's a tough choice - I like at least one song by all of them except the Allmans (who I am totally unfamiliar with).
The Allmans are bloody ace, Rob. Try the "Eat A Peach" double album for a good cross-section of their style.

I will investigate them ;-)

Over rated?

Anything involving Pete Doherty.

The Smiths.

Any particular reason for choosing the above?

Because they were a decent little guitar band, such as you might be delighted to find playing your local pub, but with a talentless self-obessed knobhead standing in front of them, bleating crigeworthy lyrics in the most irritating way possible. And yet some people treat them like a bloody religion. Go, as they say, figure.

who dare vote for Nirvana???

Worse than that someone voted for Black Sabbath?!?!

Even if you don't like Sabbath you can't not apprechiate what they did for music. Their style still influnces a huge amount of bands today, they were pioneers.

with a talentless self-obessed knobhead standing in front of them, bleating crigeworthy lyrics in the most irritating way possible.

This would apply to quite a few so called brilliant bands IMO.

Worse than that someone voted for Black Sabbath?!?!

Even if you don't like Sabbath you can't not apprechiate what they did for music. Their style still influnces a huge amount of bands today, they were pioneers.

But how many songs have stood the test of time, 1? 2? by the way I went for Nirvana.

Â