Until Dawn

dubbs

Ok, so I picked this up today. The reviews were all good, and I'm happy to say so far it's good. Yes it's basically an interactive movie but it works really well. If you've got a PlayStation Camera it records your reactions at certain jump scare points, so leave the lights on. Graphically superb, and looking forward to playing with a headset on too. I do like the idea of so many different possibilities depending on how you play. Definitely one for a couple of play throughs. Oh, and the other half loves it too.

Finished my first play through tonight.  Thought it was really good.  Like the fact you can replay episodes after you complete the game.  Will definitely play through again as there's some people I'd like to save and one id like to kill!! 

How's it play? Like heavy rain?

Think it's one for the January sales for me

never played heavy rain although I've heard it compares well.  It's an interactive movie but brilliantly done.

Hey guys,

This game is not really my bag as I cannot stand point and clicks, but myself and the missus enjoy horror movies so thinking of giving it a shot to play through together.

I read that it is pretty corny at the start, but does it actually become scary at all? Or is it all done with cheap jump scares followed by corny lines?

• 3 weeks later...

Took the plunge and played this for about 3 hours tonight with the Mrs, just finished chapter 4 but judging by the totems and clues it looks like I may have missed a few although I have been meticulous in my searching. The game started off slow and I was worried I would hate it, but it's starting to ramp up now and bar walking at the pace of a snail, I have little to no complaints. Looking forward to continuing on.

• 3 months later...

Played a couple of hours so far, rather enjoying it.  The sound design is exceptional, I'm a sucker for jump scares as is but through headphones the game invokes a real sense of dread at times.   I'm not far enough in to be able to say whether they are successful or not, but the way the game switches up your perception of a character from first impressions to how you feel after spending time with them. 

I also hope they pay homage to this little gem from Rami Malek's earlier work.

Edited by The_Rev

• 1 year later...
Â