Big Pharma

limpid

It does remind me of Theme Hospital but without the humour, which for me is a let down.

Not really my sort of game though.

Edited by Ginko

I got it as well, think I've played enough to form a decent opinion.

It's good fun, very theme hospital in style, but as I've got further in you've needed to alter your strategy a bit more, trying to find the subtle balance between enough research and profitable drugs.

The basic crux of the game focuses on turning ingredients into products using equipment to alter concentration.

You start off with a couple of ingredients and have to hire explorers to research the rest.

Meanwhile you hire scientists to discover new equipment and features, as well as gain access to restricted areas to send your explorers.

You can also 'level up' your cures by using a specific set of equipment at a preset concentration for each ingredient.

Sometimes you require a catalyst to 'level up' as well which you can add by mixing two ingredients together.

So far it does seem like quite an addictive time-sink, at least a couple of hours per challenge, and difficult to step away, so must be decent fun.

One tiny criticism(although 99% of people probably wouldn't notice or care) some of the descriptions of real-life equipment have been shoehorned to fit the game, I guess that's the limitations of making the game simple enough to understand, but it would be nice if they'd just used equipment that actually did that job IRL I.e. actually affected concentration.

• Like 1

I got it too. It's quite fun figuring out. The more complex cures makes for good puzzle as well, when you try to maximize output and profit, while having limited space to work with. When you create that long line of machines that results in a great product it's a really good feeling.

I have 15 hours in it so far. I guess it's something you can replay once in a while, but when you've done it all I assume it get's a bit boring.

Â