Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this thread a bump as I would imagine that with Gana's hamstring injury he'll be coming back into the side.

Hopefully he will pick up where he left off against Notts County where I would say while not spectacular, it was his best performance in a Villa shirt so far.

• Like 2

Thought I'd give this thread a bump as I would imagine that with Gana's hamstring injury he'll be coming back into the side.

Hopefully he will pick up where he left off against Notts County where I would say while not spectacular, it was his best performance in a Villa shirt so far.

Indeed, if Gana is out busted on the sideline I would like to see Veretout given a chance to prove his worth. I think he has the potential to become a really good player for us and I'm confident he'll want to prove himself at any given opportunity.

• Like 2

Indeed, if Gana is out busted on the sideline I would like to see Veretout given a chance to prove his worth. I think he has the potential to become a really good player for us and I'm confident he'll want to prove himself at any given opportunity.

I hope you're right. So far I'm a little sceptical, but can be easily turned around.

I hope you're right. So far I'm a little sceptical, but can be easily turned around.

Really don't think there is anything to be sceptical about with Veretout. Honestly believe he will be the most all-round midfielder we've had since Milner. Even Richards gave him a mention the other week when asked about Gil. 

Richards also spoke of his admiration for new boy Jordan Veretout.

Veretout impressed in the 5-3 win over Notts County - and Richards believes he's a top player.

He added: "Jordan has a lot of energy and he is a one-touch, two-touch player.

"He is very technical. He trains very hard too.

"I was happy with the way Jordan played the other night against Notts County and it was great for him to get some more minutes in English football because he is still adapting."

Really don't think there is anything to be sceptical about with Veretout. Honestly believe he will be the most all-round midfielder we've had since Milner. Even Richards gave him a mention the other week when asked about Gil. 

Richards also spoke of his admiration for new boy Jordan Veretout.

Veretout impressed in the 5-3 win over Notts County - and Richards believes he's a top player.

He added: "Jordan has a lot of energy and he is a one-touch, two-touch player.

"He is very technical. He trains very hard too.

"I was happy with the way Jordan played the other night against Notts County and it was great for him to get some more minutes in English football because he is still adapting."

I didn't see the Notts County game, and like I said, I'll jump on the wagon in no time :)

• Like 1

I was hugely excited by this signing, on reputation and limited viewing, I still feel he will deliver and will deliver in style, but this is a huge chance for him to do so. Plenty of time with the squad now, not been involved with the international break, injury to Gana giving him (you'd think) a starting place... show us what you can do Jordan, show us my excitement was justified!

• Like 1

I was at the Notts County Game and he did stand out in my opinion.  Didn't do anything spectacular but looked solid and looked like he was starting to adapt.  You have to remember it was against Notts County but he had a good game and linked the team together quite well.

Forget Milner I want him to emulate another player that didn't stand out but was so valuable to the team for his work - Des Bremner!

I am hoping he'll come good and be in the first XI ahead of the afro, partnering Westwood and Gana in a midfield three. From the limited action I have seen him in, I think he is more offensive minded than our current midfielders.

I posted this a while back when he joined and quite a few said they really liked it.  I am just offering it up  because it's Leicester tomorrow and If he plays we could have a little dig at them and give him a lift.  No more posts from me about chants before people start booing and throwing rocks.....(I am getting my coat).

Vere Tout Tout Tout
Told the Foxes go f**k you
Vere Tout Tout Tout
He’s a Villan through and through
To the left, to the right
Spreads the ball like Platini
Vere Tout Tout Tout
Beats that snake at Man City

• Like 1

I like to read about chants. They're very creative, often.

there should probably be a thread for them............

ah yes, the graveyard on VT where chants go to die.

Anyway back on topic, I hope he plays today.  I remember when he signed a lot of people thought this lad was going to be the pick of the bunch.  

How about this for a Veretout chant, it might even help Tim perfect his substitutions...

(To the tune of the annoyingly catchy Vanarama advert that's on telly ATM)

"When the tactics on the pitch just aren't working
Tim what have you got to do?
If Sanchez starts to get tired
You should bring on Veretout!

Veretout, Vertetout,
Jordan Veretout, I heard he's good
Veretout, Veretout,
Come on Tim you know you should!"

Today we could've even had a second verse of "if Leandro's having a shocker, you could bring on Hutton too!"

• Like 3

Â