iPhone 5s basebend IC

Spoony

Hello hello,

So the basebend IC of my iPhone 5s (no idea what that is) is cracked and my phone is now not registering any signal or network. I've been told this is not fixable. Is that a fact? Figuring out whether I give up and get a new phone.

One thing is for sure - I'm now done with Apple. Is the Samsung s6 any good?

Taaaa

It's perfectly good at what you describe.

You are moving from a "one size fits all" handset to Android where there are many, many different kinds of phone. You;ll get better advice if you describe what you actually want to use the phone for.

Do you want the ability to carry multiple batteries (ie. changeable batteries)? A much longer built in battery? What screen size? Will you be gaming? Do you need PS4 remote play? Wireless charging?  Ruggedised? Water resistant or even waterproof? Dual SIM? What do you expect from the camera? QHD video? Good low-light shots?

Also what's your budget?

You could do what you describe with a £120 Sony Xperia E4G and get an £8 per month contract with no minimum term. You could do it with a £600 Sony Xperia Z3+. You've got to supply more information if you want better advice.

High quality camera for photos (not bothered about videos), battery life not an issue as I'm in an office most of my waking life, waterproof not necessary, preferably needs to be able to work in both the UK and the UAE interchangeably (I'm assuming that's what dual sim is?), screen not too big as I don't like anything much heftier than the iPhone 6 (something the size of the 6+ is not what I'm after), good for media, good speaker preferable, budget isn't really a concern as a new phone purchase is pretty rare for me and as for gaming I don't really game outside of Football Manager.

This is like a dating advert...

Thanks for any tips. Just been stuck with the iPhone for so long I don't really get what's out there and it all looks kind of the same to me but with huge differences in price.

Also do you have any ideas about this baseband IC? I've had a google and it's hard to get much info on whether it's replaceable but it does seem as if it's not...

High quality camera for photos (not bothered about videos), battery life not an issue as I'm in an office most of my waking life, waterproof not necessary, preferably needs to be able to work in both the UK and the UAE interchangeably (I'm assuming that's what dual sim is?), screen not too big as I don't like anything much heftier than the iPhone 6 (something the size of the 6+ is not what I'm after), good for media, good speaker preferable, budget isn't really a concern as a new phone purchase is pretty rare for me and as for gaming I don't really game outside of Football Manager.

This is like a dating advert...

Thanks for any tips. Just been stuck with the iPhone for so long I don't really get what's out there and it all looks kind of the same to me but with huge differences in price.

Also do you have any ideas about this baseband IC? I've had a google and it's hard to get much info on whether it's replaceable but it does seem as if it's not...

Dual SIM means two SIM cards at the same time. It's not common in the UK. Any of the flagships will do you. The only thing you really describe is the camera, so read that section on the review sites.

I've never heard of a baseband IC. Sounds like bullshit. Was this from an Apple "genius"?

It's just the chip which controls the radio on a phone as opposed to the CPU. It seems that the one on the iPhone 5c is more prone to damage than it should be.

Â