Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Lovely article in the guardian basically saying how shit Jordan is and how great his brother is.

Worrying stuff. Although I don't think Jonathan Wilson is giving him anough leeway for only being 23. Time to develop- I don't feel like he'd level those criticisms at a young English player.

Jordan is a player that by his own admission is a work in progress but one that has also improved season on season. Yes he may not be a world beater and may not be at his best til he's 26-27 but that's okay as he's 23 right now and already a good player. That said you also have to account for different playing styles. Andre is a far more straight forward striker from what I've seen so he's going to look more impressive provided he's banging in the goals. Jordan as I outlined above seems to be more of a creative striker that opens up play and creates space as much as he gets into scoring opportunities. Jordan could be one of the best, but based on what I saw yesterday he is selfless to the cause and gets around the pitch opening up play for others. He is very much like Rooney, but whether Jordan can add goals to his game on top of what he does? I'm looking forward to finding out.. 

Full of running through out and played some nice balls. Clearly more than just a scorer. Only question is can he be that. A scorer. At this stage I'm gunner stick my neck out and say he will get 12-15 goals playing in behind gestede or ade. And for that, I'd be delighted.

Edited by jimcohen

Lovely article in the guardian basically saying how shit Jordan is and how great his brother is.

Jonathan Wilson knows his shit.

Unfortunately, if there's anybody who is likely to have a very informed opinion of african players, it's him.

Unfortunately, if there's anybody who is likely to have a very informed opinion of african players, it's him.

Just read it. Slightly worrying.

To be honest, that article is pretty much spot on from what I've seen of Ayew both in France and for Ghana, and that's why I was pretty damn negative when we first bid for him.

However, as Wilson recognises, the lad definitely has talent, but it's down to Sherwood and the coaching team to instill some discipline and awareness into him. 

Ayew has talent but we may in the end have not signed a striker. Yes he has goals in him but what I saw on Saturday was an attacking midfielder and he played the role on the right of Kozak well. I think we're going to see over the course of the season his role change and I think it may need to. Maybe he will score 15 this season, but his strengths lie in link up play and creating space and it's really going to suck if he gets shit from the Villa faithful just because his job role is a "forward".. What I saw was a player that could play in a fair few positions and thrive, I just think his current position is likely going to do him a disservice. 

• Like 1

The bit about being offside all the time is like a pub conversation rather than a serious article. If he thought it felt like much more than 0.7 times a game, wonder what he thought of Benteke's 1.2 and god knows what Angel's would have been if stats were such a big thing then.

There is also another article of an African Journalist who has followed the progress of the Ayew's who rates Jordan higher, don't know if it was posted here.

Reckon Sinclair might get the nod ahead of him? He's in my draft fantasy team, I could do with transferring him out if he's not gonna play.. although God knows who to bring in instead :-/

Seems odd to not be playing a new 9m signing, but given how preseason has gone and that he looks to play the same position as Sinclair, it looks like he might be making his appearances from the bench to start with?

Reckon Sinclair might get the nod ahead of him? He's in my draft fantasy team, I could do with transferring him out if he's not gonna play.. although God knows who to bring in instead :-/

Seems odd to not be playing a new 9m signing, but given how preseason has gone and that he looks to play the same position as Sinclair, it looks like he might be making his appearances from the bench to start with?

They both played sat, I'd say we could see them both alongside rudy

I have thought for many years that training at BMH was a bit dubious and that a " holiday camp" sprang to mind..... I had been told from a reliable source that I could be forgiven for thinking that, without going in to detail. The scenario was probably borne out of no competition for places , which has been evident for such a long time.....I believe that will change under TS & RW

Moving forward, I think more emphasis will be put on Training and that first team decision making will come from what happens in training more so than before.......as all the players won't be able to play in the first eleven to prove their worth.

Ray Wilkins has already lauded TS on his global knowledge of the player market due to his work with Spurs, So I'm sure some players we have bought may need more work at BMH than others

On the Ayew front....its all about opinions, but his father ( who knows a bit about the game) reckons he is potentially the best of the 3

Just a thought, even if Andre is better, Jordan may be a better fit for us and could be instrumental in getting us the holy grail better than Andre would..... 3 Points ( its a team game)

Isn't that what its all about.....Trust the Manager, even if he does make mistakes, he doesn't strike me as a manager that will sit on his mistakes for long....He will deal with them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â