Manuel Neuer

villa4europe

So jamie redknapp (I know...) just declared him the best goal keeper ever

It's a bit daft to making big claims, but by the time he actually hangs up his gloves he might not be far wrong IMO

It'd be schmeichel and Buffon he's up against for me, neuer seems a better footballer (but not necessarily keeper) than both of them

as for best keeper its hard to decide, for me the best keeper in last 15 years was Van Der Sar, he was a good footballer, one of the first modern sweeper keepers and he rarely made any mistakes except maybe sign for Fulham 

Best keeper I've seen was Schmeichel. Of the rest, on reputation, you've got the usuals like Lev Yashin, Pat Jennings & Peter Enckelman.

• Like 1

He's comfortably the best in the world right now.

As for ever? Like any position its impossible to really tell.

He's not better than Schmeichel in my opinion, and he's the best I've seen play regularly.

Schmeichel, Schmeichel, Schmeichel!!!

NO, NO, NO.

He was a great keeper, but year after year after year, he proved that he couldn't set up a simple wall and NOT hide behind it against FK's.

He almost cost Utd the CL in 99 because of his shit wall building.

He should be considered as a top rate GK, but the best ever?  That's a Skysports/PL era thing..  Buffon has been better than him for a much longer period of time.

He was an amazing shot stopper, and due to his size and frame an intimidating guy.  Plus he was very aggressive, but his distribution and his FK stopping were really, really underwhelming for a supposedly top class keeper.

In fact, I'd have to say Khan was a better keeper.  

Â