Gareth Bale

maqroll

Kind of seems like things are fizzling out for him at Real Madrid. I can see Man Utd or PSG making a move for him...maybe Man City...

Where do you think Bale ends up after Madrid?

It seems to me that he is being forced out at Real.   All of these stories in the media seem like they come from a source at the club who is trying to unsettle him, and it appears to be working. 

It seems to me that he is being forced out at Real. All of these stories in the media seem like they come from a source at the club who is trying to unsettle him, and it appears to be working.

President said hes not for sale and player himself said hes happy.

He won them the cup and cl last season, this season has been injury ridden.

If anything its the british media making stories up that united etc want him

It seems to me that he is being forced out at Real. All of these stories in the media seem like they come from a source at the club who is trying to unsettle him, and it appears to be working.

President said hes not for sale and player himself said hes happy.

He won them the cup and cl last season, this season has been injury ridden.

If anything its the british media making stories up that united etc want him

It remains to be seen, doesn't it?    Florentino Pérez isn't going to publicly declare that Bale is for sale, it would damage the player's market value because once you are actively trying to get rid of something then deals become something which get done on the terms of the buying club rather than on terms of the selling club. 

Bale probably is happy. I hope he stays there and I hope he is a success. You can probably see from my post history that I'm a big fan of the player and delighted to see a British lad doing well overseas at a genuinely massive club.   I just wouldn't be surprised if someone is trying to undermine him. 

he will be written off, same as owen was, in reality he hasnt actually done that bad there, problem is his stats arent ridiculous, he seems to be struggling to influence games, he's not been 100% fit for a while and madrid bought rodriguez and shoe horned him to the team meaning they look a bit disjointed compared to last year

needs a spectacular goal to win a match to get him going again, like his goal vs barca in the cup final

he will be written off, same as owen was, in reality he hasnt actually done that bad there, problem is his stats arent ridiculous, he seems to be struggling to influence games, he's not been 100% fit for a while and madrid bought rodriguez and shoe horned him to the team meaning they look a bit disjointed compared to last year

needs a spectacular goal to win a match to get him going again, like his goal vs barca in the cup final

I think that is the main problem.

They have Ronaldo, who is a statistical and record breaking freak of nature.

Then they buy a player who cost even more than Ronaldo, and who is similar in more ways than one. So I think the fans then think well, if he cost more than Ronaldo, we should be seeing the same sort of performances/stats.

When you're being compared to one of the best players of all time, it's obviously going to be extremely difficult to excel.

Another victim of a price tag really. He's done fine at Madrid. Better than fine, he's done really bloody well. 

But because he's the most expensive player ever, people expect him to be better than everyone else. Which you can see the logic behind, but it isn't always the way it works.

• Like 1

To be fair I think he did really well in his first season but his performances and consistency have been pretty patchy this year.

Reason for that I dont know but judging by how bad his Spanish was when interviewed by Lineker at the Sports Personality Awards it wouldnt surprise me if he is struggling to fit in.

I could see him coming back - only thing stopping it is that I am not sure who the stellar superstar in that position is that would replace him.

Even though it is not working out for him right now it may well come good again soon if he has a decent few games and gets his pecker up. I'm not sure who would be better and Madrid will definitely not weaken themselves.

Edited by villaglint

I think his problem at the moment is he doesnt get involved in the build up play that much like Isco, James and Benzema do and that keeps him on the fringes and you can only get away with that if you have a record like Ronaldo does

I dont think its a case of not fitting in as I think the players like him and respect him, Ramos even gave him an important penalty to take a few months ago when Ronaldo got sent off

Edited by Zatman

I think he should come back to England. Man U would be ideal for him. He would also fit in well at City but he wouldn't fit in at Chelsea so well imo. He'd have to do too much tracking back under Mourinho.

Pretty sure Florentino likes him so as long as you're in the President's ear *cough Casillas* you can usually stay there. I also read Zidane initally suggested signing him from Spurs and he could well be the next manager when Ancelotti is ditched.

It does seem his stay is coming to an end but for a british player abroad, he's been far and away better than people like Beckham over there. He scored 20 + goals and I dunno how many assists last year and the two big cup final goals and he's still got what 15 this season. What has always handicapped him was the ridiculously OTT transfer fee which has always made it easy for the Madrid fans to give him stick and put massive pressure on him.

Man. United need more pace in attack, they are too slow up there nowadays so can see them bidding for him.

Â