Watford

VillaChris

Promoted to the premier league so thought I'd start a thread on them.

How do people think they'll do? Last two appearences they've been rock bottom. Will Troy Deeney score goals as regularly as Ings and Austin?

I do think they'll be competitive as I know their transfer model isn't to everyone's taste but they've already been signing decent players from Udinese and Granada for the championship so you'd imagine the lure of PL football will get an even better selection.

Think I'll get a season ticket down there if Di Natale puts off retirement and pops up there for a season ;), one of my favourite modern players.

nothing wrong with their model and could do OK but think the loan laws might be stricter in Premier League. Some good players like Abdi and Anya who could probably step up

also they have Marco Motta playing for them, he is another bright prospect that disappeared

Now they are a Premier League club, I assume they'll be seen as the biggest asset out of the three clubs. As such they should become the base for the biggest signings made by the owners.

I'm pleased that they've managed to do it. Very much a team that will please the neutrals if they continue with the approach they've become notorious for in the Championship. I wanted them to come up the season Zola was in charge too. I'd be very happy indeed if Bournemouth could join them. We need more teams like that in our league. Too many irrelevent wasters like Sunderland, Hull, Albion (even us pre-Sherwood) have bored everyone to death in recent years.

Edited by Isa

If you've watched Watford over the last few seasons you'd know they're anything but boring. Rather have teams like Watford coming up and trying to play football instead of turds such as Hull stinking the place out.

Edited by Milfner

I'm guilty of not having watched them since they were in the PL, but if they play a nice brand of football, good news. I hope they don't play "Not To Lose" defensive football in order to not get relegated.

They came with a late run that got them there. For me though I want Bournemouth to go up. They have been up there all season and play the best football and would be a cracking addition to the Premier League. So good luck to them tonight. They were robbed by an incompetent ref last game so good luck to them tonight. 

Edited by PaulC

I have had a bit of a soft spot for Watford. Probably because they were Villa's opponents in my first ever match in the early 80's when we beat them 3 or 4-0 at VP, but mostly because of SGT and him coming to save us in his first spell in charge. So I am quite happy they are coming up,

For the most part they were my local team growing up. Saw a lot of them last time they were in the Premiership (under Boothroyd, they played horrid football). Pleased for them anyway, a few supporting mates to have a bit of banter with next season - as long as we're still up ourselves. 

• 11 months later...

Talk they're going to sack Quique...can't be alone in finding that completely bonkers.

He's had them safe since mid March....they were one game away from making the FA cup final.

It's like Bournemouth sacking Eddie Howe because they've had some disappointing results in last two months even though they've been safe for a while.

When you have that as your primary target and achieve it earlier than expected you naturally lose a bit of intensity.

Shame we're in such a sorry state as I'd love him here,

Â